Which Aluminum Bulkhead would you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FluxPower

Had multiple disaster landing today on stock flux. The Front bulkhead is completely shattered in pieces like a egg shell. the BP stock 9T Bevel Gear is missing lots of teeth, the BP Diff gear is the only thing that survived. So the question is which Aluminum Bulkheads to get ? I was thinking to get the FLM40010 or 40020 http://www.fastlanemachine.net/products.php?cat=29 But can't decide which, kinda leaning on FLM40010 cuz it sounds like direct drop in. I'm looking for one thats direct drop in, trying to keep modding or dremel to a minimum. Because I don't have any dremels.

Any suggestion are welcome. Thanks

Flux, welcome to the forum. Please, i need to see pics of your grenaded bulk, never seen one in pieces before.

I'm running GH Racing Alloy Bulks on my Carbon-Fiber Flux. They dropped right in with no modding and took the standard HPI Flux SHD diff cup with no modding.

hpisfgreen​

Welcome to the forum. Yeah pictures would be cool. And I agree with fredy the golden horizons are built just like the stock one. Easy diff removal. The flm go together side ways?don't know how to explain that lol. You'll have to take whole bulk head out to get the diffs out on the flm. And I've never had any problems with gh products. Hope this helps. Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Had multiple disaster landing today on stock flux. The Front bulkhead is completely shattered in pieces like a egg shell. the BP stock 9T Bevel Gear is missing lots of teeth, the BP Diff gear is the only thing that survived. So the question is which Aluminum Bulkheads to get ? I was thinking to get the FLM40010 or 40020 http://www.fastlanemachine.net/products.php?cat=29 But can't decide which, kinda leaning on FLM40010 cuz it sounds like direct drop in. I'm looking for one thats direct drop in, trying to keep modding or dremel to a minimum. Because I don't have any dremels.

Any suggestion are welcome. Thanks

Get the 40010 it is designed for the flux.

well it looks like your taken care of but wanted to pop in to welcome u to the forum!!!!

I run FLM bulks but would NOT recommend them. The Golden Horizon bulks look very nice though.

Thank for the warm welcome. Here's are some pics I took while disassembling the diffs.
img1775ap.jpg
img1774z.jpg
img1773c.jpg
img1772f.jpg
img1771c.jpg
img1770x.jpg
img1767zd.jpg
img1765v.jpg
img1763.jpg
img1760.jpg
Shredded Pinion
shreddedpinion.jpg
PL Big Joe ripped
img1753m.jpg
Twisted Chassis
img1777c.jpg

Thanks Freddy, yeah I had read your build and that's one nice A** flux. If I had did more research I would have build one from ground up. My friend just say get it get it, Flux is the way to go, and so I give in.
Maximus I know what you're talking about fitting the bulk sideways as I was reading Bank's mod here, thanks for the info https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12786.
I guess I'll go with GH Racing, since its $20 cheaper then FLM. it's this one correct ? http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=8&I=LXWVT3 Again, thanks for all the peeps who drop in to help and say Hi.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to hpisf. I run the flm xl/flux hybrid bulks but wouldn't buy them again.

Welcome to hpisf. I run the flm xl/flux hybrid bulks but wouldn't buy them again.
Thanks pope for dropping by, I've read your build as well, Nice A** ride too. Do you mind elaborate more on why NOT to buy the FLM bulk ? Pros/Cons, Bad Design ? or just not strong enough?

Thanks pope for dropping by, I've read your build as well, Nice A** ride too. Do you mind elaborate more on why NOT to buy the FLM bulk ? Pros/Cons, Bad Design ? or just not strong enough?

The two sided construction means that you have to dismantal the entire unit. Take it out remove shock towers and anything attached to them. Using the RSC with it requires some work. You have to use special outdrives from flm to use it with the flux/xl bones. all this means that normal diff mantance requires hours not the normal 10-15 mins each.

The two sided construction means that you have to dismantal the entire unit. Take it out remove shock towers and anything attached to them. Using the RSC with it requires some work. You have to use special outdrives from flm to use it with the flux/xl bones. all this means that normal diff mantance requires hours not the normal 10-15 mins each.

Wow, that sound like alot of work. Do you guys know any brand that makes really tough Bevel gears or should I just go with HPI. The HPI comes as a combo package w/ the BP diff gear which I don't need, I just want to buy the 9T alone. Thanks

The pics are up and waiting for Mods to grant access.

The HPI bp are the best there is and as of right now you can only buy the ring and pinion gears in a package. Tcscrawlers has the lowest price on them.

Are you guys able to see the pics on the first page ? How come I can't see any pics I posted ?

UPDATES: Gotta love HPI Customer Service, they're willing to replace my blown BP Bevel Gear and Pinion as well.

shreddedpinion.jpg

img1773c.jpg

img1766j.jpg

img1763.jpg

img1762el.jpg

img1758l.jpg

Welcome to the forum!!! THose pics are crazy! i have never managed to do that... This thread has been quite useful... i was also in the market for some bulks... What i would like to know is the weight difference between stock and the GH bulks...

Hpi customer service is very impressive!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back