Where to buy dog bones?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ca11um43

I have just picked up a petrol/nitro RC car and I literally don't know anything about it...I don't know what model it is or anything like that; all I know is that it is a HPI because it says it on the exhaust. And what makes it even harder is that it doesn't have a shell, so I can't really search it and find the exact one on google either. All I know is that it's supposed to be a 4x4 and it has big off-road wheels on it.

My problem is that it needs a couple of parts, and one of the main parts it needs is dog bones. It has the rear dog bones so it is currently RWD only, but I need the centre and both front dog bones (needs 3 altogether) to make it AWD again. I just can't find them for sale anywhere! I can find the rear ones easily on ebay, ect. Very expensive, but I can find them. I did manage to find 1 centre one but it was very, very expensive for a little bit of metal. And as for the front ones, I haven't been able to find them at all. The rear ones are around 92mm from one end to the other, and the centre one looks like it's roughly the same length (can't test fit it without taking the whole front end apart to install it), however the front ones need to be bigger as the 92mm ones just fall out because they're slightly too small. I have tried searching for slightly bigger sizes like 95mm, ect, but all I can find is 100mm ones from China! I can order them but they're going to take a long time to arrive, probably won't be very good quality, and 100m might me too big. So the question is, does anybody know where I can get the right length dog bones for a decent price?

Attachments

• 15380004705098747784637567179868.jpg
    15380004705098747784637567179868.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 8
https://www.hpiracing.com/en/kit/10411

unfortunately that is discontinued a long time ago, you may find parts on amazon or E Bay for it.......

https://www.hpiracing.com/assets/documents/instruction_manuals/12003_nitro_mt2_18ss_glb_m_v1.pdf
That does look very similar to mine...A few parts do look a little different, but who knows what has been done/modified on the one I have, since I did buy it second hand. I do know that mine is very old as well, because I forgot to add it in to the original post but the guy I bought it from said that it hasn't been touched or ran for over 5 years. I bought it as a project obviously, and I'm hoping to get it back up and running again + "restor" it back to how it used to be with AWD, the original shell, ect. I have just hit a brick wall with the dog bones though, which sucks.

I have owned many RC cars in the past (nitro and battery), but the dog bones were always a lot smaller so it was easier to find replacement ones. I have never needed dog bones this big before, but with all the different RC cars out there I thought it would be fairly easy to find some, but apparently not. I have searched ebay, google, ect, but haven't had any luck so far. I could leave it as RWD (temporarily), but I have a feeling there will be too much power to the rear wheels so it will just spin the wheels, and probably won't get very far.

They're not bad prices...I think, but they're in dollars. I live in the UK, so if I buy things from America (on ebay) then I have to pay quite a bit for shipping, plus I have to pay import charges as well. So by time I've payed all that, it would work out really expensive and this is what I'm saying. I haven't found any for sale in the UK at all (maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places), but the ones I have found in America and other countries are really expensive. They cost more than what I payed for the whole car! lol

Well you may be stuck paying whatever prices they end up being if you really wish to restore it, be aware that restored RC usually does not fetch that high a price selling them, I have several that I do not run and have restored for my own collection and pleasure...... one of my Favorites is the Carson 1/4 and a half nitro go cart i did a few years back, not too rare but a sweet looking shelf piece, I got lucky and found everything I needed at A Main and bought out their stock of parts...

They're not bad prices...I think, but they're in dollars. I live in the UK, so if I buy things from America (on ebay) then I have to pay quite a bit for shipping, plus I have to pay import charges as well. So by time I've payed all that, it would work out really expensive and this is what I'm saying. I haven't found any for sale in the UK at all (maybe I'm looking in all the wrong places), but the ones I have found in America and other countries are really expensive. They cost more than what I payed for the whole car! lol
I didn't see that you were in the UK before I posted.

Well you may be stuck paying whatever prices they end up being if you really wish to restore it, be aware that restored RC usually does not fetch that high a price selling them, I have several that I do not run and have restored for my own collection and pleasure...... one of my Favorites is the Carson 1/4 and a half nitro go cart i did a few years back, not too rare but a sweet looking shelf piece, I got lucky and found everything I needed at A Main and bought out their stock of parts...
I don't want to restore it, as in...Completely rebuild it. Maybe I will do that in the future, but for right now I'm just trying to do the bare minimum to get it running and driving like it would if I just purchased it from the store. With all the parts on it. I could run it how it is (RWD) but it just won't be the same without that AWD lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back