Wheels spinning crazy on idle NEED HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya if its in great shape for $60.00 who cares what make it is i would grab it!! lol

ya if its in great shape for $60.00 who cares what make it is i would grab it!! lol

oh yeah the motor is in good shape, i seen pics of it. It comes with a clutch and the full exhaust system too. And i see brand new it about 239, so it cant be a cheapo motor. The guy lives in the next neighbour hood of mine lol

i recommended he purchase a thicker clutch spring like a 1.0 or even a 1.1, I didnt read the whole post because i was helping him in the shout for a while but he did mention he rev'd his engine with no load or bell and blew his clutch apart so my guess is that his springs are now shot. he also mentioned to me that when he turns on his tx that his idle gap gets bigger which tells me that he needs to disconnect his th linkage, turn on his tx and with everything neutral adjust the linkage from throttle to mixer so there is 0 slop. just something I do before i run. also cristian you need to put the truck down once in a while and walk away for a few hours. it will be there when you get back trust me. there is a lot to learn about these machines and taking 1 thing at a time when you are not frustrated will help you better understand how that machine works.

$20 and you can have mine, it's the one from the first link and has only 6 tanks on it. If you research this engine you will find it has a very bad rep, they make very little power and are hard to tune, they also leak a lot due to the poor machining. That aside, the exhaust system is a bolt on so for it to fit in a savage the end of the header will be up around the top of the head instead of down low like normal. The one I have has the bigger engine mounts cast right into the block, the black one isn't as bad but you may need to grind them off to get it in the engine mount. Quality wise, I would put it next to the $50 toki .28's the 4.6 you have now will run circles around it all day long.

As for your tuning issues, it's winter. Getting a solid tune can be a crap shoot due to the massive temp changes the engine goes through. It is pretty hard on these engines to run in the sub zero temps as they need heat to run and tune properly, hit a snow drift and it will suck the heat right out, then it's wet and will continue to have the heat sucked out until it's dry. Now the engine is freezing and all the parts are contracted so "break-in" for lack of a better term starts to happen at these cold temps. Once the warm weather hits and the engine is able to maintain a "normal" running temp, as the parts expand, they become more loose fitting which means the engine is usually worn out. I may have a SH .28 three port you could have for $60, it may need a new head button but they are universal and can be found dirt cheap, it's just past break-in.

Well if I remember correctly, we don't live too far apart, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. That 4.6 may only need a quick inspection and a good sealing, the offer is there.

Well if I remember correctly, we don't live too far apart, if there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. That 4.6 may only need a quick inspection and a good sealing, the offer is there.

yeah, trust me man, i would take that offer with all my joy, but you live in Sylvan Lake and I'm down in Calgary. Too far away to travel for such a small thing if you know what i mean

I'm getting new clutch shoes, and a new slipper wheel, I'm still getting the slipper wheel out of plastic, but I'm not sure about the clutch shoes and springs, i may get them from alloy. Wish me luck

well, i still haven't gotten new clutch shoes and a slipper gear. The store closed when i got there, so i went to a guys house who has an electric crawler track, and i played with my crawler there since i brought it along. Savage aint gonna see any action at all this week

Latest posts

Members online

Back