Wheels coming off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mekios

I got this problem lately on almost every bashing session. Once every two tanks one of my wheels pops out. I tighten them as much as i can, yet still they fly away (i have lost some hex-pins on the process too).
My truck is the Savage X 4.6 rtr and has those flanged wheelnuts, all black with little teeth on the inside were they tuch the wheel.
Is there any way to prevent the nuts getting loose? Any good aftermarket nuts?

Buy the new nuts. Locktite will kill any locking power they had as it will eat the Nylon lock out of it along with any other plastic.

Are you making sure they are tight and is the Hex's in good shape?

Hexes are ok as the truck is almost brand new.
I tighten them with my 5-way wrench, the end i use for glowplugs too. It slips a bit on the nut but i think they are tight enough.

Hexes are ok as the truck is almost brand new.
I tighten them with my 5-way wrench, the end i use for glowplugs too. It slips a bit on the nut but i think they are tight enough.

mek, get yourself an 8mm socket to put your wheels on bud, that way you can give the wheel nuts a good hard crank cuz that glow plug wrench is too soft to tighten them properly imo.

mek, get yourself an 8mm socket to put your wheels on bud, that way you can give the wheel nuts a good hard crank cuz that glow plug wrench is too soft to tighten them properly imo.

i aggre with you there man i had the problem when i was not using my rench and cheack the nut every few tanks:Radioactive::Radioactive:

OK i saw a Hudy 8mm socket driver. I bet i'll get one of those.

By the way i checked my nuts (wheelsnuts that is...) and i don't see any ny-lock or whatsoever on them. On the other hand with my truck there were some 14mm hexes and 4 more nuts though they are smaller. These do have a nylock but seems they don't look right on the truck.
Can i find the large ones with nylock?

i had the same problem, if its the same as what i had, it wont be your nuts, its the rims, they might have been slightly rounded off, this will cause the wheels itself to spin the nut off

+1
my five way wouldn't take the wheels off out of the box so i had to get a socket and put it in my toolbox

Where did you dig this thread up?
I got a socket driver, but aswell tried some teflon tape on the threads and it works!

Latest posts

Members online

Back