Wheel Nut Rounded Out. Arrrrrggggghh.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Londoner

c0ckney geezer!!
Hi all,

Just in the middle of breaking up my Savage to sell, got three wheels off but the last one (always the way) the wheel nut has rounded out, my socket just slips, don't know how this happened, they were new nuts when I put the wheels on and this is the first time the new nuts have been taken off!!

Anybody got any ideas, tried whacking on a 7mm socket but it won't have it, I have no grips or wrenches that will fit in there due to the offset of the rim, I need to get it off to sell the wheels and the rest of the parts but I'm now seriously stuck.

I don't ask very often but please....... HELP lol

forsale037.jpg

take a dremel with a cutting bit on it and cut a grove on each side of the nut... ive had to do this a few times with those crappy wheel nuts

take a dremel with a cutting bit on it and cut a grove on each side of the nut... ive had to do this a few times with those crappy wheel nuts

Great idea, why didn't I think of that :duh: I'll have to get my Dremel back from my mate who borrowed, I'll post back how i get on. Cheers.

:smilie8: ..........

Yup, 'tis sad but true. Times are very hard and unfortunately it's a hobby I can no longer afford. :crying:

ive done exactly the same a few days ago!!! luckily for me the spi rims allow a little more room, but still not sure...

BA when you say cut a groove on each side of the nut? How would you do this with a cuttingbit? and then would you just use a smaller socket to get it off?
I'm a little baffled, sorry...

Londoner! Are you serious? are you selling a few things or are you getting out?

If you are really selling everything, is there anything i could take off you as your not too far from me....

If you are really selling everything, is there anything i could take off you as your not too far from me....

I'm getting out mate. PM me if you wan't anything from my truck, got bits on eBay and MSUK for sale thread already.

ive done exactly the same a few days ago!!! luckily for me the spi rims allow a little more room, but still not sure...

BA when you say cut a groove on each side of the nut? How would you do this with a cuttingbit? and then would you just use a smaller socket to get it off?
I'm a little baffled, sorry...

baiclly means cut it in half lol...

how would i get in there at the right angle using a cutting disc on the dremel? also i don't want to damage my spi rim.

i may try and square off the nut with the barrel sander on the dremil and then use the vice grips..... I will prob tape the inside of the rims just in case it slips off.... i doubt it will work though... i may have to grind the end of the axle off...
Thanks Travis

i may try and square off the nut with the barrel sander on the dremil and then use the vice grips..... I will prob tape the inside of the rims just in case it slips off.... i doubt it will work though... i may have to grind the end of the axle off...
Thanks Travis

No problem josh. Derek got his of with vice creps and no cutting or any of that

don't use a cutting disk, u using a cutting bit. its got a little ball at the tip of it

ill look through my dremel tool collection and find the necessary bit. I guess the best thing would be to slice it in half down the middle so the nut just falls off... Ill see how easy it is to do without damaging the rim.

Gutted your giving it up m8,didnt get round to bashin with ya :(. Sell your bike instead of the savvy ;).You got a link for your stuff on the bay?

exactly promc... never had time to run the trucks! Hes got a few things up on MSUK...

Looks like he is parting things out slowly, ive already called dibs on a few things :)

promc do you think you could make some of the meets up in north london?

ill look through my dremel tool collection and find the necessary bit. I guess the best thing would be to slice it in half down the middle so the nut just falls off... Ill see how easy it is to do without damaging the rim.

Hey bud, I think Bad is talking about cutting a slit in both sides of the nut to make it "look" like a flat head screw, so you can use a screwdriver to lossen it, if this doesnt work then try to use the vise grips to get it off, last resort is having to cut the whole head off, never had to do that before, one of the other 2 methods have always worked

thanks morphin! ill try the vice grips first... see how it goes from there.

Panic not people.

Today I've secured a nice bit of work for after the job that I'm on now that should see me through most of this year, it won't get me totally out the poop but means I don't need to sell up, still can't afford to run the truck but things should be better for me next year.

I'm just going to sell off a few things to raise a bit of cash and replace them next year when I'm flush again. money man

Panic not people.

Today I've secured a nice bit of work for after the job that I'm on now that should see me through most of this year, it won't get me totally out the poop but means I don't need to sell up, still can't afford to run the truck but things should be better for me next year.

I'm just going to sell off a few things to raise a bit of cash and replace them next year when I'm flush again. money man

thats good to hear!!!! Nice1 on the work!!!

You know who has dibs on the axles :)

Panic not people.

Good to see your keeping your rc m8,glad you got some work secured as well :).

promc do you think you could make some of the meets up in north london?

Possible m8,will ask the guy who drives :).You thinking Grovelands?Will we get away with nitro?

ill ask again on the MSUK site but it seems like most people who go use nitro

Latest posts

Members online

Back