Whats wrong with my trx 2.5???????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I picked up a short wheel base t maxx 3.3 roller off craigslist and threw a 2.5 I found laying around in my basement, I believed it has been sitting for 7 years or so. The engine has probably about a gallon on it. So anyways, I took it outside started right up with factory settings and drove it around to warm it up and hit the brakes and the engine died b4 I can get my tuning driver on the HSN needle, this happens every time i go to drive it. If you have any idea whats going on with it PLEASE let me know I really want to drive it.

check the throttle endpoint adjustment, it sounds like the throttle is closing a bit too far causing it to die....it should remain open about 1mm when the throttle is shut by the servo....

Thanks Jam, I adjusted it , gonna to test it first thing tomorrow. Hopefully there will still be snow on the ground that way I can show it off to the family.

check the throttle endpoint adjustment, it sounds like the throttle is closing a bit too far causing it to die....it should remain open about 1mm when the throttle is shut by the servo....

Yep, maybe the linkage is incorrect, end point, or idle screw. One way or another the carb is closing completely on braking

Well I figured out what it was, its an air leak. I'm probably just going to sell the truck for pretty cheap now cause don't want to mess with it anymore, plus once i get my X SS it'll jusy sit anyways.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back