What to get for new Savage build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your going to be running in sand, get a engine with some torque, Picco! There is nothing to be worried about, just keep your air filter clean, that's it.

Me and robin talked about this already. He explained slot to me about the piccos in the sand. I'm getting a picco 28 done by him soon just for my sand duner. I run a few trucks I built just for the dunes. Get good filter. And I use stock shocks. Modded for lower stance. And also put regular transmission fluid in them its very thin. Let's the shocks move faster for more stability on the flaws of sand dunes. I also notched out the pistons so they are faster. I recomend getting the panther paddle tires. Way more beefy than the proline paddles. I also run my tires on rpm .86 offset wheels so its wider. More stable on pitted sand. I don't jump it I just run it as fast As I can so the offset don't hurt any parts. I also recomend a full skid plate and clear tape on the tvps just to help keep sand out of the clutch beLl and spur gear. Shock socks might be a good idea to I'm thinking of them myself. Look in my photo album I have 1 of my duners in thee you can see the stance of it. The tires n wheels to. You'll also need a skid plate kind of wheely bar. The paddle tiRes grip more than regular tires so back flips like nothing. Hard to get fast runs with out it flying over backwards. Good luck hope this helps.

that is great info..sounds like you do exactly what i am wanting to do..

I will ahve to get ahold of robin and discuss a picco 28

What kind of gearing are you running?

i ordered up some big bore shocks yesterday (the plastic ones) figured they were lighter then alum. and cheaper! lol

now i am trying to decide between flm or prcp cf tvps

Latest posts

Members online

Back