What to get for new Savage build?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rep99099

I currently have a Savage .25 that I want to rebuild.
I ride quads alot in the sand dunes so would like to take the Savage with me to the dunes often...

Basically building up from scratch.
Would like this build to be somewhat lightweight.

What would you recommend I get?

I have in mind:
Picco .28 / unless someone thinks i should go bigger? LOL
Extended LCG TVPS (I would like something lightweight yet durable)
What should I do for suspension?
I currently have triple rate springs on the oem shocks with oem a-arms?

Should I get new shocks? or just new spring?

I have a new era fuel tank...i keep hearing about a mid tank mod?

What would you guys build?
I have been out of the hobby for numerous years and i do not know what is out there now.

Thanks for any input

-Geo

I suggest that you get a motor saver filter and a Outer Saver to prevent sand from getting in to the motor. Then some shock covers for what ever shock you use i bashed in the sand dunes of Qatar and sand can mess your shocks up. Then the 24mm wheel kit so you can run baja paddles, and also the Bullet proof diffs. You will also want to protect your dogbones so get some boots for them. Those are all the stuff i can remember at the moment i will add more when i get a chance

I don't know if I would use a Picco for a Truck that I am going to primarily run in the sand. You might want to look into something cheaper like a Axial .28RR which you can pick up for $140ish. But, I guess if you take every precaution not to get sand in the motor you will be ok.

is this the picco .28 everyone is referring to i am trying to find price son an axial .28RR-2 but cant find anything.

If your going to be running in sand, get a engine with some torque, Picco! There is nothing to be worried about, just keep your air filter clean, that's it.

Could you link me to which picco .28 you are referring to there are lots of choices? :)

its the Picco p3 .28 MONSTER truggy engine, i cant link any as I'm in the uk and it wouldnt be any help

how does your modded picco 28 compare to the modded sh 28 and to and oem picco 28?

what if i got a picco 28 and u modded it for me? what would u charge? :):peace:

oh sorry my bad, the website i bought it off said it was a truggy engine, it comes with a pull-start

i am thinking i willt ake u up on one of ur modded SH 28s

lol

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /2009/ on this server.

Filter - For the sand I'd buy the Motor saver filter and outer filter protector. It's just like what they do for the bajas. Extra added protection that could save the life of your engine. HPI paddle tires

also, since i be ripping the savage down completely.
What weight oil should i use in the diffs? or just grease? what wt oil in the big bore shocks?

do i need longer dogbones with extended chassis? what should i get?
do i need these boca bearings i hear about lol?

and what all do i need for the mid-tank mod? lol thanks guys

Latest posts

Members online

Back