what the flux is going on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angellewalsh

ok my flux pinnion gear grub screw keeps loosing up,i put blue loctite in the hole and on the grub screw threads.let it sit overnight,and made one pass and the gear slid off.can i drill a hole thru the shaft on the motor and use a grub screw with a pin so it wont move?or should i use red loctite.

not sure but I'm using the hpi 20t pinion & i red loctited it.

Prolly like 6 packs through it & it has not come loose.

Angel I would strongly recommend you to get another set of pinion gear to sit aside, because yours is gonna strip very soon, and yeah red loctite and screw it in w/ ALL YOUR MIGHT. When I first got mine flux that damn pinion comes off every 5 min, and after 10 runs it becomes the pic below.

Another pointer. your rear hub carrier will have a tendency to snap off at the tie rod joints. mine snapped 3x in 2 weeks. Go w/ this one Integy Silver Rear Hub Carrier

Stock pinion.
Shredded_Pinion.JPG

Good luck and have fun.

I have had good luck with Just blue set for 24 hours and a good twist. Has not let up yet...

bad experieces with blue for me and the pinion... had to keep taking it apart and installing it... Red is on there now... I even put some on the motor shaft to help everything stick haha... Its not coming off for a while now!!! I guess the only way would be by taking a blow torch to it!

after seeing the pic of the pinion I'm wondering if gear mesh can attribute to the pinion working itself loose? :dunno:

after seeing the pic of the pinion I'm wondering if gear mesh can attribute to the pinion working itself loose? :dunno:

Well, yes. It's the vibration from the motor and gears that backs the set screw out. A bad mesh will cause a lot more vibration, so yeah, it would make the problem worse.

BTW, I've been using one pinion gear for quite awhile, and it actually shows no wear aside from the black coating. A good mesh will make your pinion last for months.

Latest posts

Members online

Back