What fluids do you use.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

selfishson

Going out today to purchase some shock oil fluid, and some other maintenance items at the LHS. I was just curious what everyone here uses for their savages. I hear that instead of purchasing a tiny bottle of air filter oil, you are better off purchasing oil made for 2 stroke dirt bikes like amsoil or something similar. I want to purchase everything that I would need for maintenance on diffs, dogbones, airfilter, ARO, etc, and would like your help in recommending items that are not necessarily located at the hobby shop. Any help would be much appreciated.

thanks for the info Hypnotiq. other then the wd40, and hpi filter oil where can I purchase the rest.

You can use amsoil senthetic grease, you can pick it up at like advance auto parts or something,

The mugen diff oil you can pick up at the hobby shop. If they don't have mugen then try losi,AE (team associated),sportswerks,etc..

Sidewinder can be found at your local hobbyshop. GEt 30% like hyp said

my LHS stocks associated shock oils and ofna diff oils, so thats what i use
i bought a big bottle of k&n air filter oil about 3 years ago and still got half a bottle left, and i also use "dry ice" lube from tigerdrive for bearings and cvds, works really good

picked up most the stuf i needed. belray foam filter oil, losi shock oil, ARO, and some nitro cleaner. I noticed this stuff called Gunk Dry Graphite spray at local automotive store. This company has quite a few products out and look pretty affordable. I was curious if anyone can give me some info on what they think about these two products.

BGS1 - Gunk Dry Graphite
Use as a lubricant and parting compound on engines, pumps, business machines, etc, wherever heat and friction are a problem.
Contains no oils or moisture-based diluents: is inert to water, oils and alkalis.
Effective from -37° C to +537° C.

and

L616C - White Lithium Grease
Reduces friction between metal to metal or metal to plastic applications. Use on hinges, locks, doorstop latches and striker plates, speedometer cables, brake cables, distributor cams, battery terminals, etc. Aerosol sprays on as a liquid, and then sets up as lubricating grease that will not melt, run, wash off or freeze. Protects against rust and corrosion.

I'm just curious if any of the above products can help me, and if they can where would be the best to apply them, or am I just wasting my money. Any info would be much appreciated.

Here the link if you want to check out the products.

http://www.gunk.ca/products/automotive/lubricantspenetrants.html

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back