What else do I need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsnider77

I got the mid tank mod,throttle,cen diffs,rim and tires,wing,buku pipe,Picco .28 dxr3 radio great servos, Lst shocks. What am I missing ??

I got the mid tank mod,throttle,cen diffs,rim and tires,wing,buku pipe,Picco .28 dxr3 radio great servos, Lst shocks. What am I missing ??

one word: engine-modding. ok, so its 2 words, so what. it will unlock the power in that mill. crazy fast. lotta smiling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you're good to go. Don't forget your fuel and igniter. Also keep some extra glow plugs with you while your break it in. The 3-speed tranny will work great for racers. You can upgrade the TVP's to FLM for lower COG and better handling. If you don't have it already, the you do need to mount those LST shocks correctly with the mounting kit from IRC or New Era to get their full performance. Using the stock shock locations makes it so that the LST's are at a really bad angle and won't compress correctly. You can also use FLM towers and mounts.

Hey guys thanks for the info. I just ordered from Nick @ SMF the HPI Savage Suspension Conversion Set - #87245. I hope its worth it lol any other ideas guys ???

What is the Best High Torq Servo out there ? I have a 645 mg but I'm wanting something stronger.

Engine modding is not nesscary in a picco 28 for racing a stock 28 is almost to much...
Depends on the race type. Drag mod mills are perfect for no limit type races that allot of the guys are involved with here. Every mill can use better fuel economy if your serious about winning. Pro engine modders don't only take up the power they economize the mills and smoth the power too. Add time to every tank and you can elimenate a pit stop winning a race. Most racers do mod... just not Drag mods. Its all in what you ask for..

What is the Best High Torq Servo out there ? I have a 645 mg but I'm wanting something stronger.

what price range DJ

Depends on the race type. Drag mod mills are perfect for no limit type races that allot of the guys are involved with here. Every mill can use better fuel economy if your serious about winning. Pro engine modders don't only take up the power they economize the mills and smoth the power too. Add time to every tank and you can elimenate a pit stop winning a race. Most racers do mod... just not Drag mods. Its all in what you ask for..

Well said Bank, great points.

Engine modding is not nesscary in a picco 28 for racing a stock 28 is almost to much...

dint see that he's after a racing set-up, but even so, he's got great radio equipment that will help him tune that power right where he wants it :peace:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back