what do you for work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I'm only 15 i work at a restaurant called "One Duke Bar & Grill" i mostly do dishes and some times cook. Since i only work Saturday & Sunday i get $10.75 :)

Ever since i was 5 i got into wood working so I'm taking construction co-op i grade 11 next year..
. Nice to see a youngster starting the work force. Fang 11 bucks is killer money for a 15 year old. My son would love that. My first job was a back breaker. Loading 70 lb adobe bricks. By hand onto pallets to be loaded onto the flat bed trucks for delivery. Uhhgh. Talk about nasty work lol then I ended up being a butcher for years till I was disabled now I'm a bum that builds savages every day lol

Last edited by a moderator:
your were a coal miner? thats sounds cool, not everyday you meet a real coalminer

I worked at Consol Energy #3 mine for 24 years as a underground miner but had to retire due to health problems from breathing coal dust .

Below is a pic of the mine that i worked at.

Buchanan County Va Coal Mine

10_1251054844_20-coal-mine.jpg

Work for the City of Brampton. In the winter I work at an outdoor skate rink. Snow plowing and ice making. In the summer I work at a rec center doing maintenance and taking care of the swimming pool.

lots of different jobs out there i see...........

i'm assistant manager and outside sales rep for Napa.........savagehead........war veteran (heance the name).....monster truck owner.......father.......husband.......custom auto painter.........and depending on how i feel an adult film star by trade!! LMAO!!!

i'm assistant manager and outside sales rep for Napa.........savagehead........war veteran (heance the name).....monster truck owner.......father.......husband.......custom auto painter.........and depending on how i feel an adult film star by trade!! LMAO!!!

Which Branch / War? I'm a Desert Storm Veteran. Support our troops!!

Electrical Engineer - VLSI design. My group makes chips for cd/dvd/blu-ray players and computer drives.

Army/Operation Iraqi Freedom. you guys had it rough over there.....one of my good friends served in Desert Storm. I was a Patriot Missisle Operator Maintainer.......i saw some wild stuff when i was over there........

I worked at Consol Energy #3 mine for 24 years as a underground miner but had to retire due to health problems from breathing coal dust .

Below is a pic of the mine that i worked at.

Buchanan County Va Coal Mine

10_1251054844_20-coal-mine.jpg

ya, i hear that coal dust is a killer

Army/Operation Iraqi Freedom. you guys had it rough over there.....one of my good friends served in Desert Storm. I was a Patriot Missisle Operator Maintainer.......i saw some wild stuff when i was over there........

Cool Stuff... I was a TOW Gunner, first in line in Desert Storm, our job was to take out all the crappy tanks with out TOW Missels. I was young at the time so it was a bit scary but a whole lot of fun, especially when you had to confirm your kill. Glad there's a few Vets out here. :sniper2:

well I'm in the construction industry work in partne ship with younger bro. both bricklayersbut do abit of everything

Job

Active US Navy service member stationed in Japan. I work on the flight deck launching and recovery of Jets. Currently I am the Chief Fire Fighting instructor for the Military.

Preparation for Fire and battle damage recovery procedures

http://www.navy.mil/search/display.asp?story_id=39244
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums...9th-2008/page4<--Scroll down about 3/4 of the site. Fire fighting and torching the space for our students to combat and extinguish fires. Oh yah about 1200 degress F. Learn or burn:smilie8:

I tried to upload pictures but always fails.

This is what I do everyday. Allen knows!

Training the civilian FireFighters. This is dedicated to Bob.

[YOUTUBE]FjZLXLjP_2I[/YOUTUBE]

Basic FireFighting
[YOUTUBE]y-SE49ozFq0[/YOUTUBE]

Look at my avatar same area

Just started a new job working on one of my uncles project. New media idea, i am in charge of manufacturing, marketing and distribution. Also selling broadcasting rights to you over there across the pond...
I have something lined up at McLaren depending on my Uni grades which come back next week

Hey Joe - is that one U-shaped room in the first video? When the nozzleman opened up in the right door, it doesn't look like it ventilated out the left... BAD A$$ tho!

Wow, 8 man team on one line? I assume that is because this is training, that is not considered a normal detail, is it? I WISH we could get enough guys for 8 on a line - we're lucky if we have 2. House fire in Limerick a few months ago we had 3 2" lines in, only 1 guy on two of them. One didn't hear the evac horns - side of the house blew out but everyone was OK.... makes me WISH we could pull off teams like that :)

Give me the name of the airport, and when I should be there - I want your job :) :) :)

Bob

Hey Joe - is that one U-shaped room in the first video? When the nozzleman opened up in the right door, it doesn't look like it ventilated out the left... BAD A$$ tho!

Wow, 8 man team on one line? I assume that is because this is training, that is not considered a normal detail, is it? I WISH we could get enough guys for 8 on a line - we're lucky if we have 2. House fire in Limerick a few months ago we had 3 2" lines in, only 1 guy on two of them. One didn't hear the evac horns - side of the house blew out but everyone was OK.... makes me WISH we could pull off teams like that :)

Give me the name of the airport, and when I should be there - I want your job :) :) :)

Bob

Yes U shape space, I have 2 (100,000cfm) fan the is ventilating the space from the interior. The least path of resistance is the ventilation vise the door.

We use that many people for training to keep within the timeline of course. With that many people on the hose, it takes us the full 8 hours of training. Imagine I do the minimum. Hours upon hours and days.

The advance firefigthing is minimal manning with multi scenerios all at one time. The students get to use all the equipment too. You have a cool job already, but if you like Narita Airport is the place.

I design and build Carbon Fiber RC car parts as you all know. I am also a Paid Volunteer Fire Fighter and work full time at our Family business as a Product Manager with lots of different responsibility's like Designer, Materials coordinator and so on.

Joe, Looks like great fun. Is the ceiling that high that they can just walk into the room like that (First video)? a lot of the hot fires that I have been around standing up being to high would have caused some serious hurt. But I guess your 2 100,000cfm fans probably help and remove any thermo layering that's in there.

Bob how did a guy end up with 2 2" lines let alone holding 1 unless it was at 50psi or less? Man if we Freelanced was in there by our self there would be some disciplinary action taken immediately. We are very much 2 go in 2 come out, 3 go in 3 come out, no if ands or buts!

Very cool guys.

I design and build Carbon Fiber RC car parts as you all know. I am also a Paid Volunteer Fire Fighter and work full time at our Family business as a Product Manager with lots of different responsibility's like Designer, Materials coordinator and so on.

Joe, Looks like great fun. Is the ceiling that high that they can just walk into the room like that (First video)? a lot of the hot fires that I have been around standing up being to high would have caused some serious hurt. But I guess your 2 100,000cfm fans probably help and remove any thermo layering that's in there.

Bob how did a guy end up with 2 2" lines let alone holding 1 unless it was at 50psi or less? Man if we Freelanced was in there by our self there would be some disciplinary action taken immediately. We are very much 2 go in 2 come out, 3 go in 3 come out, no if ands or buts!

Very cool guys.

Ceiling is 60 feet high, and of course I posted a calmer fire than a big back draft. The pressure of our hoses are 220 psi out of the nozzle. My instructors can handle a 2 1/2 hose at 220 psi by themself, but it is not a safe practice. They have alot of practice so it is easy for us.

Latest posts

Members online

Back