what do you for work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpinitromt

just wondering everyone has for a job, I'm willing to bet there alot of mechanics, rc and being a mechanic seem to go togther alot, not that I'm a mechanic...by trade anyways

I'm an operator on a public utility crew. Running a digger truck, and what have you. lots of machines to run daily = lots of fun for me. lol. i also have my IPS gas fusing ticket and do that as well. I'm taking a course right now though to get into a new position that comes with a J ticket. hopefully starting it soon working in electrical maintenance, working on electrical equipment in the field and sub stations.

Industrial Engineer but I'm a QA Manager for a company that manufactures, designs and distributes automatic transmission components to the big 3.. or what used to be the big 3 automakers, and a US Marine for life!!

ok ok ill fit your description, I'm a licenced auto tech that works for a small independant shop that specializes in imports. not your honda civics and junk like that but infinity, lexus , bmw ,audi, cars like that

Since I'm only 15 i work at a restaurant called "One Duke Bar & Grill" i mostly do dishes and some times cook. Since i only work Saturday & Sunday i get $10.75 :)

Ever since i was 5 i got into wood working so I'm taking construction co-op i grade 11 next year..

Lmao. I wish. I wait everyday to be told that the store is closing. This economy has destroyed the jewelry bussness.

Everyone is in the same boat, the whole "Cash for Clunkers" killed the compayn we work for.. We sell Transmission rebuild kits" and with all the older cars being dumped we took a big time him, closed down our Ohio Locations and about 100 employees lost their job. Hang in there dude!

Well as my user name says deputy sheriff in here in va, 3yrs in booking

Hang out with my kids and run RC's LOL. No, I worked in the power plant for a local pulp mill that shut down. I worked on the Recovery Boiler and it's related equipment. There are new owners for the mill and they are trying to work out a way to run the place. With any luck they will finally get through all the bs and get it going again. I'm a member of the AWPPW union, and the new owners of the mill are working with our union a lot so, between that and my knowledge of the Recovery department, I should get the same job back if not a better one depending on how many guys come back. They want to start it up in July so I figure they will need a crew on at least a couple months before that. This is the longest the mill has ever been down since they opened it like over 40 years ago, so I'm sure there will be plenty of things that need fixing LOL. Been off for a while now, don't really know what I'm going to do if the mill doesn't start back up. There is litterally nothing here for work that will support a family, I'll probably have to move.

well myself I'm a heavy equipment operator "back hoe,bobcat,front end loader,etc......

I graduated with a CIS Degree (Computer Information Systems) which included studies in Multi media design, advertising, web design, computer programming.

I currently work for Wildfire Motors, was hired as a webmaster to maintain their growing e-commerce site, and since ive been here (2yrs) Ive takin over the advertising department, graphic design, and maintain 2 websites for the company. I also pretty much take care of all IT related issues with both wildfire and its sister business. I also design websites for personal use for clients, currently I only have 2 active customers. The job is rewarding and is what i like to do, so thats all that really matters

Here are the current sites i maintain or have completely designed/maintain.

www.wildfiremotors.com
www.snydertire.com
www.groovysphynx.com
www.mingojct.org <--- council has suspended domain renewals untill they get this years budget worked out, so the site is currently down, but u can google it and look at the cached pages

Last edited by a moderator:
Hvac is the family buisness but I'm a correction officer with the state to keep a more steady pay. The economy killed are buisness no one wants to replace there old heaters anymore and ac work has went down.

I'm security for my house and garage haha. I like to go into my dads shop and work. (semis,tractor trailors,paint,etc) and when i get a chance work on the real monster trucks

I cut grass, run a small lawn care business if you want to call it that. I have about 15 customers that I keep up with during the summer. Now I need a winter job.....

I graduated with a CIS Degree (Computer Information Systems) which included studies in Multi media design, advertising, web design, computer programming.

I currently work for Wildfire Motors, was hired as a webmaster to maintain their growing e-commerce site, and since ive been here (2yrs) Ive takin over the advertising department, graphic design, and maintain 2 websites for the company. I also pretty much take care of all IT related issues with both wildfire and its sister business. I also design websites for personal use for clients, currently I only have 2 active customers. The job is rewarding and is what i like to do, so thats all that really matters

Here are the current sites i maintain or have completely designed/maintain.

www.wildfiremotors.com
www.snydertire.com
www.groovysphynx.com
www.mingojct.org <--- council has suspended domain renewals untill they get this years budget worked out, so the site is currently down, but u can google it and look at the cached pages

Thanks for the wildfiremotors website, my unlce has been restoring an Isetta and i see that they have parts, emailed him the link. He's in South Amercia so it will be a big help..

I install Lightning rods. Been doin it for 13 years. It pays the bills and for my hobby.Cant ask for more then that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back