What do I need

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecarriel

Hello,

I just found a savage XL in the trash and its turns on (red light next to servo blinks)

I don't have a remote and its missing the engine/exhaust/intake. From the pictures provided what else does this seem to be missing? I don't have any hobby stores in my area so your advice is greatly appreciated.

P.S New to R/C this is my first day with the hobby. Thanks and look forward to helping other in the future here.

Well at the very least you are gonna need an :ercm: all the servos and linkages and radio system, an exhaust system and assorted hardware to put it back into somewhat running order, if it was me I would do a complete teardown of everything and check it all out for damage hidden inside differentials and transmission, or you could sell it off and use the money to buy something else that suits your tastes...

Looks pretty much there minus motor motor mount carb and exhaust. Then you have to deal with the issue of no radio sonthat would require a new radio and receiver possibly a hump pack battery pack to power the servos and some nitro fuel 20%. Then the process of engine break in which is boring as hell but you will get longer life out of your motor. The motor is going to run you around $170-190 a mount is like $12.00 the radio $50.00 on the cheap side" which with nitro I do not suggest a runaway truck is no fun " and a body which is another $30.00 to $50.00. And as said by jam a complete tear down go through would be wise before you spend a bunch of money on the other stuff. Or sell it and buy what you like.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back