What clutch should I run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joegibbstruck

I have a LRP ZR .30 spec 2 ordered, it will be here this week, what clutch, clutch Bell, flywheel, should I run?

I have been looking for a good deal on a robinson racing spur, but not sure what part number I should get, or how many tooth clutch Bell to get?

Can anyone give me an idea.... Oh and I have been out of the rc world for like 10 yrs so talk to me like a newbie.

Thanks

Depends on how much money you want to spend. You can simply swap your stock equipment and be fine. I've been using the stock flywheel, clutch pads and springs for years with no issues on several different engines.

I have used Mugen's 1.0 springs from time to time. They cause the clutch to engage just a little later, gives you better bottom end grunt.
http://www.amain.com/Mugen-Seiki-10mm-Clutch-Spring-Set-3/p1798

I have had good luck with the Robinson Racing 16/48 combo (part# 7048):
upload_2014-8-4_11-29-10.png

Upon inspection of my clutch, it looksa little wore out so I'm just replacing everything as a whole. I don't like constantly fixing stuff, so I beef it up and go with it.

I know that integy does not make awesome parts for the savage, but their knuckle's and aluminum clutch shoes are great. personally, ive had the best luck with the HPI Racing clutch bells (the vented ones).

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back