Waterproof receiver box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P0E

Hello everybody

I just joined the great group of savage owners :)

I got a Savage Flux HP, and i want to waterproof it. I already got a waterproof savox servo, but my big problem is the receiver. I know you can plastidip it and so on, but i just want a better solution.
Does any of you know of a receiver box that fits in the front of the truck, in front of the servo? That open space would be perfect for a waterproof receiver box :)
I have been looking at some traxxas boxes, but i cant seem to find any measurements on them.

Hope someone can help. I'm finding it hard to believe that i am the only one with that idea :)

Yours doesn't have a receiver box? Mine came with this. It's not completely waterproof, but it's fine for driving through puddles and wet grass. You also want to get a waterproof ESC. The stock blur esc is not waterproof. I went with a Mamba Monster 2 and have been happy with it so far.

Attachments

• mt2.jpg
    mt2.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 3
Yes it has a receiver box. But as you Said, its not completely waterproof.
My esc is the Elc-6s, which is stamped with a waterproof sticker.

I abuse the absolute hell out of my truck using that stock box, haven't had any issues with the radio getting wet. Rain, slushy snow, wet grass, sloppy mud, puddles 4-6" deep, nothing has gotten to the rx yet.

If you're really worried, you could stick the rx in a balloon for extra water resistance. Other than that, I don't think I've come across any other receiver boxes for our trucks.

Unless you plan on driving directly into the drink and playing the boat game,a savage will sink like a lead weight. i would think that the stock box is pretty water tight unless you have drilled a bunch of holes through it for wiring
i just put a new box on mine. i made plates to cover the open area where the throttle servo went. i drilled a small enough hole through the into the reciever and didnt do any drilling on the cover so the connectors would barely slide through and i used ATv to seal around the wires.
i made a cover for the area where the on/off used to be.

I have the receiver box from a vorza buggy on my savage, Part#103674. It is appx. 2
" x 1.5" x 3/4. There is also HPI #106960 and HPI #108261. Both of those are smaller but waterproof.

Yeah I toasted my receiver in a ditch,maybe 8 " water. Lost control went throu ditch. It ran great for a bit,shut in off, then would not start. I think I shorted out receiver(water in prongs)..oh well replaced receiver.

Latest posts

Members online

Back