Vista

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

x410mw

So is anyone else here running vista yet? I just got done installing ultimate yesteday, i love it so far.. I mean its not that diffrent, but its so much smoother. Now since someone is bound to flame it go ahead :p (joking) Yeah well i was just curious if anyone else had done this yet, and has had any bugs. Only bug i had so far was i hit the power button in the start menu by accident, i thought it would prompt me to restart or shutdown, but its sleep mode. And then my computer wouldnt boot up, I just unplugged it for a few seconds and plugged it back in and it came back. For now..

:pizza and beer:

I still run windows pro, don't see the need to drop the cash yet. I have a Beta version that I was meaning to install but never got around to it.

Who ever said i dropped the cash? haha.. But i think its worth it

Vista is nice for new computers.
If you want to upgrade to Vista, with a "older computer", i recommend to wait after servicepack 2 is released. There is still a problem with drivers for older vga boards, printers ect...

Who ever said i dropped the cash? haha.. But i think its worth it

Who ever said that I said, that you said, you dropped the cash. All I was saying is I don't see the need for ME to spend money on Vista.

I haven't had much experience with it yet (I haven't bothered to get it for myself because I have an older computer), but from everyone I've talked to, if the computer you're putting it on is much older than say 6 months, they're having a ton of problems with getting drivers to work for certain things. I know that graphics cards have been a real issue.

i'm still running xp pro, my dual core a64 and pair of 7900 gto's run nice with it, i have no need to upgrade to vista yet. i will when i upgrade to am2/core duo, but at the moment xp is well good enough for me. i played with vista beta and hated it, far too buggy!

I'm running a 2year old emachines and my only upgrade is a x1650pro gfx card.. And it didnt have problems with anything, and it runs fine. My only compliant was system memory which is being upgraded today.

the only reason i'm waitin is for direct x 10, which vista supports, google crysis, the game from the guys who devloped far cry, looks soooooooo beautiful, and the cards to support dx10 are still silly money....

Yeah the prices are pretty up there. My card was 180 before rebates so I'm not complaining. The cheapest DX10 graphics card i found was 350.. Damn

I'll stick with pro. vista has some bugs and security issues. My system is happy the way it is. Mean.

I will stick with XP most likely until about Vista SP 2 b/c I know it takes Microsoft about that long before they get it right, lol!! I just keep waitin...

Latest posts

Members online

Back