Ven 0620 Failsafe Failed!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rewhyuk

Hi guys, got my Savage all tunes up real nice thanks to you RC Gods on this site! I put a Venom FailSafe in (Ven0620). Had my baby running nice and on the bench I turned off my radio to see what would happen and it looked it worked nice, the brakes engaged but it didn't shut down my engine, until I tried it on the road :( It took off like a bullet when I turned off my radio and nailed a curbed busting up my front Hub Assembly. My question is how do you set up this fail safe(my LHS operator never used this kind before, Knows Jack about it!) and should a properly working failsafe kill the engine when it activates. And my second question is, my radio is the Spektrum 3.0 and I have heard some guys say that the reciever has a failsafe built in but I couldn't find anything about this in the manual if anyone could shed some light on this, I'm really in the dark!

Thanx

All Hail St.Savage!

Binding the spektrum:

Make sure both transmitter and reciever are off.

With the reciever off, press and hold the bind button on the reciever while turning on the reciever. Release the button when the light flashes.

Now with the transmitter off, hold your brake on, press the bind button (on the back) and turn transmitter on. Release the button when the light flashes.

After a few seconds the light will quit flashing and you are done. The bind with failsafe is complete.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info, I got it working by following the steps you sent me, but when I tested it out by turning off my transmitter it opened up the throttle and turned the wheels hard left. I looked at the servos and they can only go in the way I have them in the radio box for all the linkages to connect properly, when I first used the Spektrum I had to reverse the throttle and the steering what have I done wrong???

Remove the fail safe and try it. The fail safe won't work with the spektrum as the receiver always outputs a signal as far as I understand. It won't matter if the radio is on or off. I had nothing but problems with my venom failsafe. I took it to a shop and the guy just pulled it off. The thing would throw the brakes on when the truck was turning which of course would lead to a roll over. I have the fail safe points set to neutral positions on both my trucks. Works perfectly.

How do I set the points to neutral with out screwing up my normal settings? Cuz like I put in the other post with the venom failsafe outta there the spektrum failsafe actually goes full throttle and the wheels turn hard left when I turn off the transmitter to test it, is there something I should do to the servos, i had to reverse them on the transmitter for normal operation before i had any failsafes at all, so my question now is how do I reverse the servos to engage the brake now when communication is lost, i'm kinda confused right now Argh!!

Thank You some much for your patience and wisdom !!

Basically re bind the transmitter to the receiver and when you do so if you don't touch the controls on the radio it should set the failsafe positions to the neutral settings.

Members online

No members online now.
Back