Upper Tranny Driveshaft Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajdragon

Hi

The Upper Tranny Driveshaft I have does not have the hex end on it, "see picture", am I going to have any problems with this style of Upper Tranny Driveshaft. All of the Savage manuals that I have looked at show only the Upper Tranny Driveshaft with the hex on the shaft not smoth like I have. I cant even find a part number for the version I have.

Hi

I don't have a Savage, I'm in the process of biulding a Savage Flux. When I ordered the part I just thought it was a revised version of the part I needed, but now I can't seem to find any info on it or a part number for it.

Hi

i don't really need any parts at this time, I was just woundering if I was going to run into any problems with that hex portion gone, that hex spot on the shaft did hold a washer in place to help prevent the slipper cluch nut from loosening up.

Hi

I found a little bit more info and it looks like that was a known problem with that design , so I think I will just order the original style to avoid having that problem.

I bought a super 5SC transmission from rc4me.us and it had that kind of top shaft. I used the one out of my flux's original transmission in place of it. Might want to check to see if the old one works in place of the new one, if you have it.

The 5SC vs mine on the bottom:
2018-0616-SavageFlux-StockTrans-000-StockVsRC4Me-InputShaftOnly.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Back