Upgrading ESC on HPI Savage flux HP 1/8 scale or 1/5 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gino753

Hi guys I bought a brand new Castle creations Mamba monster x ESC for my savage flux hp.now I’ve been reading of people that are saying to try and over do it and get the xl Mamba ESC x ?? Now my Castle Mamba monster x 1/8 scale ESC says it’s for 1/8 scale truggies and 1/10 scale monster trucks....now what does that mean? Even though it’s a 1/8 scale ESC , is it only for 1/8 truggies and 1/10 scale monster trucks? Did I get revenge one and I should have gotten the 1/5 scale?

Some people however say that the 1/5 scale ESC is too big.sone professional help please

Do you intend on running 4S or 6S? I've never ran 6S in my flux hp, just 4S. The MMX/2200kv does ok with 4S geared to about 42mph. As long as you don't put some massively heavy tires on it and run WOT through 6+ inch grass, you will be fine.

My HP came with 6 cells.Its so damn powerful that I just feather the throttle.I might add the XL kit to my truck and make it larger,and maby larger tires later.....so if I add the XL kit ,then is the Mamba Monster X 1/8 ESC I have the correct one? Or should I have gotten the Mamba Monster XXL 1/5 scale ESC ? Is that a smart move installing a 1/5 scale ESC on this truck? Or is what I have more than enough .The Mamba monster X 1/8?

Basically is it common practice to add a 1/5 scale ESC to this truck for bulletproofing?

The 1/5th esc will be able to be abused a more than the 1/8th version. So, if you have the room and the money, there isn't any harm in going with a larger esc. It can handle more current flow without dying.

I have a Savage X V2 Flux and the stock esc is bad. I am looking at doing a max 8 G2 but they not available yet want to maybe upgrade for future possibilities of running 8s. And I'm wanting to go sensors. Will the Mamba Monster X 8s fit?? Any other recommendations??

Latest posts

Members online

Back