uneven CB and spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkattack99

well i was putting in my engine today and i noticed that the CB and the spur gear aren't centered:
noteven.jpg

if i shim the bell foward then i expose my shoes, I'm using the stock savage mount. it still meshes well I'm just using the front part of the spur instead of the middle i was wondering its ok to leave it like this or will it screw something up later? i was told the nova mount lets me move F/B and side to side but do i need it or will what i have see good? thanks.

thats close enough to perfect right there caz your using the plastic spur.

might be an issue if you upgrade to a steel spur but then you can straighten it all out with a nova mount.

what mill is it if its a picco u will need a nova mount i think
yes its a picco.

thats close enough to perfect right there caz your using the plastic spur.
thats good to now thanks frddy, i will just let it ride then.

might be an issue if you upgrade to a steel spur but then you can straighten it all out with a nova mount.

no i don't plan to go to a metal spur plastic is cheaper, and i will think about getting a nova mount later.

You can get the nova mount as stated or get the titanium drive shaft.

It measures 6x67mm vise what is stated in the web site. 3mm shorter than the stock drive shaft. This is what I did and it lines up near the center of clutch bell or shim behind drive gear casing to push the drive gear shaft but you have to re shim the internals of the other gears to match the top drive shaft.

http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=86345

Latest posts

Members online

Back