Ultimate Clutch Shoes ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopIt

Certified Nitro Addict
Hey guys, I just wondered what the best choice of shoes are for a stock Savvy clutch ??? The HPI ones are ok but they are waaaaaaaay to expensive for what they are. I have plans to fit an Axial .32 :Xfingers: so maybe I need to upgrade ?

Nova 3 Shoe clutch no question about it. I run it on a stock hpi flywheel and they are like none other.

Nova 3 Shoe clutch no question about it. I run it on a stock hpi flywheel and they are like none other.

Where can I get one, can you do me a link so I can see it ? What type of shoes do they use and are they better value than the HPI ones ?

Help appreciated.

Just scuff them once in a while. Contact ]-[0pa]0ng on here, he can vouche for their performance and tolerance.

i run the hpi alum shoes and the hpi stock shoes. the hpi shoes were pricey but that is all the lhs had and i needed shoes to be able to run. my next set will be the nova shoes

Just deburr them and replace the clutch springs every gallon and your good. When you debur them use 400 grit sand paper.

Thanks alot dude ! I'll see if I can locate some on this side of the pond first as the shipping costs are huge. :Xfingers:

Shipping only 6 bucks on SMF while your at it buy some tires, an engine, a new chassis and make the shipping worth your while. lol.

Shipping only 6 bucks on SMF while your at it buy some tires, an engine, a new chassis and make the shipping worth your while. lol.

Good idea Fx, trouble is customs already thought of that one ! :dmt: Anything over £18 you have to pay tax on, it makes me :puke:
But thanks anyway !

[hs] darkshine;24642 said:
welcome fellow Englander. give http://www.rchopups.co.uk/ a shot

[hs] darkshine;24644 said:
and while i'm in the mood to be nice and helpful je spares have mugen springs here
i'm running hpi shoes and 1.0 springs. hope that's of some use buddy. dan

:cheers: Cheers for that Dan. I've ordered some from Nitro Models now but I did check JE first but they only had the 1.1's :dunno: I'm sure they'd have got me some, but you know how it is, must have it yesterday and all ! :bigsmilie: I don't know about RCHopUps, I'll have a look see for future reference.

Cheers mate,

Rob.

i order all my stuff through eather modelsport or je. in the future if you give je an email they will almost certantly get them in for you! they are a good shop and i highly recomend them!!

4x4

[hs] darkshine;24695 said:
another one, if you don't knof of it is www.modelsport.co.uk
they are a bit pricey, but they do hold a helluvalot of stuff in stock, in my experiences with them

i order all my stuff through eather modelsport or je. in the future if you give je an email they will almost certantly get them in for you! they are a good shop and i highly recomend them!!

4x4

Cheers dudes ! I gota agree with ya, JE is a top shop and I do alot of business with them. They would go out of there way to help me out I'm sure, but you know how it is sometimes, you just can't wait because the excitement is just to much to bear :jumpers: They are right at the top of my favorites list with Modelsport just below. I'll use Modelsport if I need something in a hurry ( impatient again ), I've ordered stuff from them at 2.15pm and recieved it at 7.00am next day and the p&p is very competative.

Once again thanks guys.

I got the Nova shoes today, but no springs yet. Hopefully they will be here tomorrow :Xfingers: I just wondered which holes to put the screws in ? I suppose in all depends on your set up.

Hey guys, am I missing something here ? Only I'm havin problems fitting the new Nova shoes and 1.0mm springs. The problem is when I try to fit the spring, the end will not sit down in the clutch nut groove. It just jumps back out every time no matter what I do. It seems like the groove in the clutch nut needs to be further out. So what am I doing wrong ? :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back