Twisted dogbones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScooterB

How much twist is too much?
Had my savvy out last weekend and destroyed the rearend. After disassembling I checked the dogbones and all 3 rears are twisted. Some more than others.
Should probably just replace them but for now I would rather get by and save my money for a better solution.

Any input?

as for the better solution the savage xl dogbones are an awesome upgrade. the blue truck in my sig has them and they havnt twisted or snapped and i have put it through some situations that would have snapped the stockers or hd bones

You'll need to the get the XL axles to use the XL bones.

Look at the FLM bones. They are bigger and beefier than the XL bones and work with the stock X axles.

That sounds like a good upgrade.
I was wondering if the xl bones would be a good way to go or if i should start lookiing into a set of cv's.

Do the cups have to be replaced to match?

Can't beat $7.50 for bullet proof.

How about the cups? Will they hold up to the stronger bones?

Can't beat $7.50 for bullet proof.

How about the cups? Will they hold up to the stronger bones?

Well you need 4, so $30. :)

And they will hold up but do wear. I replace the axles about every 6 months. I have heavy duty diff cups, but have not found any stock X sized heavy duty axles.

Thanks guys.
I think I'll be looking at getting some FLM's soon.
First i gotta get this diff back together and shoot some vid.

Keep them in same location and direction or they will snap in a hurry! I always mark mine for reassembly purposes.

Keep them in same location and direction or they will snap in a hurry! I always mark mine for reassembly purposes.

I've never thought about that Pineapple. That makes a good point.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to rep ya Pineapple but it tells me to spread it around. It always tells me that!! lol

Latest posts

Members online

Back