Tvp project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
I'm asking for everybody's opinion on the project. I'm thinking about designing and making my own custom TVP's. 1' ext. in the rear and 1" ext. in the front. Just want opinions how they think it would handle, look, and hold up to bashing and racing for fun with friends to see who's the fastest. Also, gonna have JT do a mid-tank mod for me.

I know when I started this, it was just to get everybodys opinion about the TVP's I plan on making. Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and start this little project and revamp some other parts while I'm at it. Here is a list of all the mods I have done already:

Truck-Savage SS 4.6
Gpm 1" ext. rear TVP's
GPM 1" ext rear Titanium do**one
GPM alum. bulkheads front&rear
GPM bulkhead brace
Integy type II alum. shock tower front&rear
Stock shocks w/ integy super hard springs, 4 shocks w/40wt. oil & 4 shocks
w/50wt. oil, 2 40's/2 50's in front and same in back
Savage X easy access center diff case
3-speed trans w/ reverse
47t steel spur gear, 14t racing clutch bell
Golden Horizon alum. fuel tank w/ modded fuel lever indicator
STS D28M motor
Tsias C5H II rear exhaust
Proline 23mm hexes
Proline 40 series Commando beadlocks w/ silver rings
Proline 40 series Moab tires
RPM suspension arms black
GPM titanium hinge pins
Hpi duel disk brakes
1400 mah hump pack
Hitec 5645HG servo steering

That's all I can think of for right now. Pics will be added soon. Camera batteries are dead gotta recharge them. I'll update later on what I'm redoing to the truck and everything that I'm replacing or upgrading.

Finally took the time to upload some photos. This is what the truck looked like before deconstruction. The wheel base from front center to rear center is 14.5 inches. I haven't finished the tvp's yet so I don't know the final length.

we need to work on pic resizing

here is how to post pic ..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First you need to have a window for the therad you want to load pics into. Second you want to have another window open for Your gallery, were all your pics are at. DO NOT try to load a pic looking at the thumb nail. Open the pic ( click on it ) the pic will enlarge.

Now Rt. click on that pic scroll to the bottom click porperties, highlight the whole URL and click COPY. Head to the thread you want to load your pic the ICON that says Insert Image. Bak space what's in the box, HTTP://. Now click paste and click ok. Your pic should be in the thread and should be able to view it. Wantto add another pic. Go to the bottom Rt. corner of that pic put your cursor there, kind hard to do until you get the hange of it. Once the cursor is their click enter on your keyboard twice. This will give a space between ea. pic. That's it.

thanks Site Jester. That was my first time putting the pics in the thread. I'll be added more later today, hopefully. I'll try the way you said too.

let us know what you come up with how it handles and all that. make sure you get pictures of the tvp's upon compleation

Got some more photos of some of the work. Not much has changed.

100_0288.jpg

Integy purple brace, Integy silver rear hubs, Hot Racing titanium dogbones

100_0289.jpg

Just another angle

100_0296.jpg

One of the front. Integy purple brace, xtra brace in front(stock motor plate brace), and ball bearing for steering servo saver.

Last edited by a moderator:
More photos.
100_0291.jpg

New STS alum. clutch shoes.

100_0292.jpg

Clutch shoes installed. Two shoes have 1.1mm springs and the other has a 1.0mm spring.

100_0293.jpg

17t Hpi racing vented clutch bell.

100_0294.jpg

And this should look familar. STS linkage mod and Hot Racing motor mount.
More photos to come. Should be finished this weekend. Hopefully. Ran into a problem the other day when I finished the new TVP's. Will explain with the photos later.

Very nice, cant wait for some more pics... double check that STS linkage for any binding before you mount it in the truck.

These are the only two pics I have right now. This is what took me almost all day Sunday to get made right to fit.
100_0304.jpg
Custom made dogbone. Doesn't look perfect, but it works.

100_0307.jpg
Same one, just took a wire brush wheel for my angle grinder to it and painted it black. Should help with rust for a little while.

Hope you guys are liking this build. Should have more pics up again soon. Or, the finished product.

Ok everyone. Here's some pics of the tank I'm using. I'll let you guys guess the size and what it is from. And Jt, you know the answer, so you can't answer.

100_0310.jpg

100_0311.jpg

100_0312.jpg

100_0313.jpg

Here's new pic for everyone. This is all I have left to do is mount and protect the Rx. This is how much room I have left, and you'll see why it's taking so long. Plus, haven't worked on it for a couple days.

100_0318.jpg

working on the truck again today. Decided to take a couple pics of the Integy MSR8 shocks while being filled with oil. Filling with 40wt. shock oil and using the 3 hole pistons. Also, pics show the stand I made at work to fill the shock. Makes it alot easier to fill instead of holding it the whole time.

100_0321.jpg

100_0322.jpg

Got a couple more photos of the finished Integy MSR8's. Filled with 40wt. oil and using the 3 hole pistons. Also alot of preload for may taste of driving style.

100_0324.jpg

i like the stand you made bud that looks like it works great ! you also are doing a good job on your proj it is good to see another savey being turned into frankenstien ! good luck on the rest and keep us posted bud !

Well, I haven't got that much more done yet. All I've gotten done since yesterday and earlier today is finished sealing the motor (which thank you everyone on the site for the advice on doing that) and getting it mounted to the motor plate. Gears are messed perfect and tom. I can finish assembly. Okay, now for the good stuff. And by that i mean the parts I've upgraded to. The tranny is still the same, easy access diff from savage x and 3-speed with reverse. The motor plate is new and that's the HardCore Racing titanium motor plate. And the rest was mentioned in a earlier post.

100_0326.jpg

100_0329.jpg

100_0330.jpg

:10:

more photos for everyone. these are pics of the inside looking at the left tvp. everything is mounted, servos, tank, dogbones,motor, and tranny.

100_0334.jpg

100_0335.jpg
close up of the front

100_0336.jpg
close up of the rear

Members online

Back