Trophy Truggy 4.6 pros. & cons.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVT73

Hello all, I have the Savage X and changed it to XL with the conversion kit. So my question is, how great is the Trophy Truggy 4.6? I'm thinking about ordering one, it's about the only HPI nitro available. I like the looks and if is as durable as the Savage then I'm thinking its a good one to get. What's your guys thoughts?

I was very disappointed with the Trophy... I got only problems.
I have the 2 Savage`s and I enjoy every minute.
Thats my experience

Don't have any experience with the Trophy myself but if you are looking for a nice truggy you better look for something like a Mugen MBX6/7T or something like that.
I have owned 4 truggy's and my Mugen MBX5T ProSpec is by far the best I have had in 12 years

Don't have any experience with the Trophy myself but if you are looking for a nice truggy you better look for something like a Mugen MBX6/7T or something like that.
I have owned 4 truggy's and my Mugen MBX5T ProSpec is by far the best I have had in 12 years
I've been looking at the Mugen as well as the Losi 8ight T.

Both are excellent. My Inferno Neo is the better driver. The 8ight-T started as a gas version and has an LRP zr32 in it and is a beast.
IMG_6606.jpg

IMG_6603.jpg

Yes. Terrain Crushers. It tore up the Losi tires.
Man, I've been asking on other threads about those tires & rims and have gotten zero reviews. There are some other members interested in them also. I posted in the HPI Savage under Tires & Rims. How do you like them? Given the design they are revolutionary in RC tires, if the SRC description/claim is accurate. I'm thinking of putting them on my savage XL but hate to shell out $40 a pair if they aren't worth it. Your review/opinion would be much appreciated.

I haven't run them much yet. They are like a solid tire and are very heavy. They are very fast on pavement but seem to have less grip on grass. The 8ight-T tore the Losi tires at the rims so I am trying them.

I ran the Losi today. This is the third time on these tires. They are very loose on grass. My turning radius opened way up. They are very good at zooming around at speed.

I ran the Losi today. This is the third time on these tires. They are very loose on grass. My turning radius opened way up. They are very good at zooming around at speed.
Being banded, I'm thinking asphalt/concrete and tight pack clay. High speed type stuff. I want some!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back