Trition EQ2 vs Hyperion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate700

Was up fellas, I have a X 4.6 that I want to go brushless with. And I'm trying to figure out if the Trition EQ2 can charge two batts at the same time.

I have also been looking at hyperion chargers but can't really make up my mind on which one I want to get. I would like a charger that can charge two batts at the same time, but don't want to spend an arm and leg on one. Also would like a AC/DC charger.

Also what is a good digital steering servo to use on these monsters. I plan on going with a Futaba 3pm-x radio gear.

Any Advice is greatly appreciated.
Thanks-Nate

I have also been looking at hyperion chargers but can't really make up my mind on which one I want to get. I would like a charger that can charge two batts at the same time, but don't want to spend an arm and leg on one. Also would like a AC/DC charger.

i'm pretty sure hyperion doesnt make an AC/DC duo.

what i can tell you tho is if you buy the 615i net 3, you'll never need to buy another. awesome charger & you can get it for $209.00 shipped these days.

Thanks, the hyperion chargers sure are sharp. I'll probably end up with a 615i, but still don't know yet.

What are ya'll using as a power source. Thats the biggest thing keeping me from getting one.

I may just try and sell my nitro and just go with a flux instead of trying to convert.

Thanks, the hyperion chargers sure are sharp. I'll probably end up with a 615i, but still don't know yet.

What are ya'll using as a power source. Thats the biggest thing keeping me from getting one.

Yeah, i gotcha. i went with the muchmore racing http://cgi.ebay.com/Muchmore-Racing-CTX-P-Power-Master-World-Ed-2-24A-Blue-/290452407402?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories#ht_913wt_698

it was a good price for 16v - 24A, which allows me a broad range of charging options, and its a great p.s.

however, you can shop around and spend much less if want to.
I may just try and sell my nitro and just go with a flux instead of trying to convert.

i would highly recommend this as a better option. in the end a conversion wont save you much (if anything at all) and you'll get a truck that's set to run & make small mods if/when you want to.

i waited and bought parts as $$ allowed and built from scratch. end up with a great flux.

besides, once you run the flux you'll most likely lose interest in nitro all together like the rest of us.

Also what is a good digital steering servo to use on these monsters. I plan on going with a Futaba 3pm-x radio gear.

I have a ACE 1015 on my flux. had a hitec on my nitro sav. both are great servos. the Jr & futaba's are great too. mostly comes down to torq vs. speed, budget and personal preference.

Yeah after pricing everything I need out it's going to cost more than just buying a new flux.

I may just go with a single charger, since I don't have a good place to designate as a charging station. Thats why I'm really looking for an AC/DC charger.

Anyway, thanks guys. This place makes everything complicated, simple. It will be a while before I get to do anything.

what about the hpi flux conversion from hpi them selfs that seems to be a way to go ? also your going to find out most chargers need power supplies but the lhs ues the eq2 and they chage huge batts every 30 mins and have no issues with it and it just plugs into your wall

I was looking at that conversion, but after pricing everything out it wasn't going to save me much. I may just keep my nitro and get a flux.

Can't ever tell I may end up converting my nitro into a flux XL.

Like I said it will be a while before I get to do anything. Figured I would go a head and figure what all I needed.

Latest posts

Members online

Back