Trenchers or badlands?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bauerdog

I'm currently running 40 series mashers. Love them on grass, loose dirt or sand. But I'm running on a lot of hard pack dirt/gravel road these days and having huge traction issues. Debating over Proline Badlands or Trenchers.

I know trenchers come in a bigger '40 series' but a lot of people rave about the bite of the badlands. I was thinking bout the badlands on 1/2 off set buggy rim. I like the white rim look, and they will keep er nice and light. But I'm not sure how much more bite I would get with the wider trenchers. Rim/tire set ups are pretty big $$$ so please guys throw your opinions out. Big joes?

well tire is very subjective and different for every user, I am running Maxx Mulchers on RPM 3.2 wheels 1/2 offset wheels and using the 17mm hexes....
I run mostly on a dirt field with rocks and loose dirt/gravel and seem to have plenty of traction for my uses.....
Big Joes are a bit heavy for me personally but some use them with great success....
The Maxx Mulchers are currently out of production, but you may find some on e bay or amazon at times.....

So the mulchers run on a 3.2? How's the o/s diameter compared to a 40series trench?

Not sure if they had a 40 series mulcher, but if ProLine had them they would be on a 3.8 wheel.....
as for the Trenchers I have heard they are also good on the surface you have.....

Ok, thanks. I know mulchers are getting harder to find these days. Need to know if I'd be Better off with a 'wider big lug tire' like trenchers or joes. Or badlands "sharper tread, narrow tire". On hard pack dirt road situation

I had a set of mulchers on axial oversized wheels. Worked great.

Badlands are my overall favorite tire though. Just loved them on any surface.

I run the Trencher X tires (Wider than regular tires but mount on non-40 series rims). I feel like I have enough grip on every surface, but I've been tempted to try the Badlands too...

Ya ended up buying the badlands. Not mounted yet, got some 1/2 offset buggy rims I'm going to dye black first. Bought a set of black 0 offset rims too, but I like the stance with 1/2 off way better

Ya ended up buying the badlands. Not mounted yet, got some 1/2 offset buggy rims I'm going to dye black first. Bought a set of black 0 offset rims too, but I like the stance with 1/2 off way better

You did the right thing my friend. I got the mounted ones and they're sick

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back