Transmission Rebuild Question on Shift Points

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shanty

I WILL BREAK IT!!!
Hey,

I recently had to take apart the transmission and put it back together. My question is, will my shift points be all messed up. And if so, is there anyway to put them back to factory like say the carb needle settings.

Thanks
Shawn Stevenson

I could be wrong, but as long as the transmission was put together correctly and you did not mess with the adjustment screws wile they were out, the shift points should not change. As far as a factory setting...don't know about that

the default settings are in the manual, the XSS manual has default for the 4.6k. when you start to make the adjustments the screw has to be flush

heres a snapshot from the XSS manual

trans_default_for_4_6k_from_862_manual.JPG

I could be wrong, but as long as the transmission was put together correctly and you did not mess with the adjustment screws wile they were out, the shift points should not change. As far as a factory setting...don't know about that

the default settings are in the manual, the XSS manual has default for the 4.6k. when you start to make the adjustments the screw has to be flush

heres a snapshot from the XSS manual

trans_default_for_4_6k_from_862_manual.JPG

I did not touch the screws when they were out. All I did was pull the gears out and then put them back in the way they are supposed to go according the the manual. And thanks for the picture LOL Shiftpoint

Latest posts

Members online

Back