Transmission Case Melted!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea huh I'm at a loss for words... Good job ?? LOL jk IDK man GL in the future though

I think I need a new casing for the transmission. The heat smoked out a bigger hole and now cause too much play on the spur gear.

here's a whole 2 speed for $25 shipped. idk if you have a 2 or 3, but the case is the same http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-SAVAGE-SS-Transmission-Center-diff-2-Speed-X-4-6_W0QQitemZ370213567913QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item563272bda9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1205|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Thank you for the link, I didn't see this one but I have purchased a 2 speed one for $30 shipped. I did get my 52T plastic spur yesterday but when I put it together it's loose and wobbly! What am I missing here? I couldn't get it to tighten up like the steel stock 52T I have. It seems that the stock washer stops above the sink hole.

IMG_0485.jpg

where is the lil disk. looks like stainless with two lil holes in it. Also can ya get a pic of the front of the spur(nut side). There is 2 different types. Wait I see the disk now its offset get that on the the two lil pins.

Get the Red arrow flat on the green line. the orange arrow is pointing to holes you need to line up I scribbled in lil pawls that are on the face of that. well should be if they didn't get cooked off.......
IMG_0485.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
the disc is in there, all the parts are there as indicated on the manual. That's why I am slightly confused! The nut is screwed all the way in and there's still a BIG gap. Do I need some extra hardware?

where is the lil disk. looks like stainless with two lil holes in it. Also can ya get a pic of the front of the spur(nut side). There is 2 different types. Wait I see the disk now its offset get that on the the two lil pins.

Get the Red arrow flat on the green line. the orange arrow is pointing to holes you need to line up I scribbled in lil pawls that are on the face of that. well should be if they didn't get cooked off.......
IMG_0485.jpg

Thanks Bankrupter but no joy :-(. Don't know what I am missing here. Here are the pics step by step on how everything is put together -

IMG_0489.jpg

Insert slipper washer -

IMG_0490.jpg

Insert Spur Gear

IMG_0492.jpg

Insert Washer

IMG_0494.jpg

Insert Spring

IMG_0500.jpg

Screw in nut

IMG_0503.jpg

All assembled and tighten down

IMG_0504.jpg

One thing I did noticed was that if I bypass the washer, I could get it to screw in a little closer. I am now wondering whether I got the right spur.

Your missing the brass bushing. I don't have a manual handy, but you need to remove it from your old spur gear.

EDIT,
I am incorrect, you stated you own the XL. The spur gear that comes with it does not use the bushing. I'm waiting for my catalog to load and I will get you the p/n you need to order

EDIT
Metal bushing B072 is what you require.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your missing the brass bushing. I don't have a manual handy, but you need to remove it from your old spur gear.

That's interesting because I have the manual right in front of me and there's no mentioning of any brass bushing. Can you point to what it looks like? Thank you!

need one duck? Give me till 6 and Ill post if I find one. Ill ship it to ya for free.

ok nm 6 pm I got it. I never knew what this thing was for with my Xss kit. It was in the parts but used the HD spur like your first one. If you hadn't bought that used id say check the spare parts. It may have one too. but I got it just need your yes or no and your addy in my PM box and Ill get it out to you tomorrow

ok nm 6 pm I got it. I never knew what this thing was for with my Xss kit. It was in the parts but used the HD spur like your first one. If you hadn't bought that used id say check the spare parts. It may have one too. but I got it just need your yes or no and your addy in my PM box and Ill get it out to you tomorrow

Hey Bankrupter, thanks for the offer! Very kind of you. I just want to thank you and everyone here for helping this newbie out. My 2 speed transmission came in the mail today and it has a plastic 47T attached to it. I pull it apart and voila the bushing is in there. So, I am good to go. Will have this baby all put together this afternoon and will take her out for a spin and hopefully, nothing will break this time (fingers crossed). I tell ya, I thought my wife is high maintenance until I met the "Savage". Anyhow, thank you guys once again. This is an awesome place to be!

Members online

No members online now.
Back