Tranny Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tractorman

If the tranny from a 4.6 X RTR is completely disconnected from everything and sitting on the workbench should the tranny turn smooth or is it kind of rough. Mine turns real nice one way and not so nice the other way. Is this normal? Thanks for your help.

I think it's normal .. To be on the safe side take 1 side of the case off and look at all the gears.. Do Not use any lube

I know this sounds stupid after you said it's disconnected from everything, it's not still meshed with the clutch bell is it. I know this can cause it if your mesh is a bit loose I think.

That sounds like the same thing I have when rolling the savy backwards on bench, I always thought it was the brake pad binding.
My second thought is that the trans may have a problem, I'm tearing mine down soon.

I just had mine apart last night adjusting the 3 speed. It should roll smooth. I have had a burr on my gears before that I had to knock off with a punch. It was foreign material from somewhere, but it would bind my internal gears to the point of not working.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back