Tower Hobbies !!!!! ( slow)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

Man I hate ordering anything from them it takes weeks. They have chitty prices and shipping BLOWS !!!!!

Nothing nice to say about them at this time .. Thought I would share my misery (loves company) !!

Well they did have a pullstart for my lrp ..... so there I said something kinda nice .. NO MORE THO !!!

I've only ever had good luck with them...sorry it didn't go the same for you bud...

Ive ordered from tower before... never had a problem, but i always get the next day shipping that might have something to do with it... who knows...

They ship pretty fast to me. Its location. Most of their stuff goes strait from Illinios to Miss. to me. About 3-4 days 90% of the time. Your on the west coast. A Cali based hobby shop would be better for you as far as shipping times.

As far as the prices, got to do ebay.

I'm not crazy about Tower either, but as far as inventory goes, they are the biggest so sometimes you don't have a choise.

For nextday shipping they wanted 43 bucks .. remember for a pullstart

Tower took 28 days to ship me an engine to the UK!!
I bought some stuff from New-Era on the 22nd July and it arrived TODAY!!! (now thats what I call SERVICE) :eek:)

I've looked and have made 17 orders to Tower. I have only had one problem with them taking 3 days to ship the package, they immediately refunded the shipping.

Sorry to hear about your troubles with them.

AMAIN always ships same day for me.

They ship pretty fast to me. Its location. Most of their stuff goes strait from Illinios to Miss. to me. About 3-4 days 90% of the time. Your on the west coast. A Cali based hobby shop would be better for you as far as shipping times.

As far as the prices, got to do ebay.

I'm not crazy about Tower either, but as far as inventory goes, they are the biggest so sometimes you don't have a choise.

Tower has a warehouse in Nevada that they ship out of for us West Coasters. That is if they have it in stock in Nevada.

Another day of nothing !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the pullstart my man .. When I got home I tweaked my engine plate and had a broken brace.. You get your truck fixed ?

Yeah got my parts in yesterday. that place must be haunted cuz my crash wasnt that bad and it messed my ish up. Did you tweak it on the last crash, cuz that one didnt seem so bad either. ive heard storys about that place but I'm ready to go back when you are

Last edited by a moderator:
Tower took 28 days to ship me an engine to the UK!!
I bought some stuff from New-Era on the 22nd July and it arrived TODAY!!! (now thats what I call SERVICE) :eek:)

innovative is in the uk...thats a bit of a difference there. tower would have to go through customs and all that jazz, they prolly lost it for a week in customs then shipped it.

it takes 14 business days for me to get something from innovative r/c to the states.

I Do Not Like Them To Much Either! Thats Where I Bought My Savage X And I Got The Combo Deal Just So I Could Get The Flex Pay Plan! Well That Did Not Happen!!! They Took The Whole Thing Out Of My Checking Acct. At Once!!! Boy Was I ****ed Off!!!!!! Called Them And Gave My Opion What I Thought Of Them! Needles To Say I Stay Away From Ordering Any Thing From Them Beeps Beeps!!!!!!!

Oh They Said They Were Sorry And There Was A Mix Up! I Ordered On Line And I Know I Checked The Box For Flex Pay! Maybe I Should Have Called And Place The Order But I Mean If There Going To Offer It Then They Should Make Right By It Or Take That Option Off There On Line Site! Oh Well Live And Learn!

I might have spoken too soon with my comment defending Tower. I have actually been using AMain mostly lately, so I haven't ordered from Tower since early May. Looks like things have gotten sour there.

I ordered from Tower only because others were out. Still hasn't shipped after 2 days. AMain ALWAYS ships the same day for me. Cheaper product and shipping too.

So, I guess I am with you now Jester.

Edit: (Or Jeremy now....)

I don't know who's fault this is, but I ordred a golden horizon throttle mixer arm linkage thing in early june i believe. The status of the part said it was going to be available in mid-late june. last time I checked, it said the it was available late july. I still haven't gotten it yet.

well, I've only ever ordered from Tower twice, but both times, they shipped within 48 hours of me placing my order, and their shipping prices were reasonable, and I had my parts within the week...

but I haven't ordered anything in almost a year now...

I have had nothing but problems with Tower. They are the absolute worst with their shipping, like I have said before I live about 200 miles away from them, and it still takes almost 2 weeks to get anything from them. I have called and complained, and their response is I can get faster shipping and handling, but it will cost extra. Why would I want to pay extra for something that other web sites will do at no additional cost? I am amazed at how fast I get my orders from other sites. Sorry for the rant, Tower struck a nerve with me.

That's right. If you pay for their ludicrous shipping, they won't hold it for 2 days before actually shipping the product. That's customer harassment.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back