Tominator06's Savage Xl build !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like she is comming along nicely tom.. What tank are you gonna run in that beast!!!

Got the throttle servo mounted and linkage built today. Didn't buy any linkage just put it together out of my tool box. I have an fuel tank from my mutilator but it does not leave much room for a radio box. Still working out the details. Let me know what you think. I think I may get a different tank with a clunk in it.

Here is a link to a cell phone video of the linkage.
http://s806.photobucket.com/albums/yy347/tominator06/?action=view&current=IMG_0408.flv

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0325.jpg

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0323.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Thanks for lookin !!

Well I got some more assembly done today and she is ready to go as soon as I get my tank and radio box in the mail. Snapped a couple pics

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

IMG_0342.jpg

had top throw the tominator in your avatar, huh? LOL.....nice build.......

Ready to Run Finally!!!!!

Ok got the last of what I needed to get the savy done.

IMG_0353.jpg

The D8 tank bolted right up to the existing holes in the flm servo plate. The radio box I secured with one of the thru bolts that go to the steering posts.

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Went together very nicely and the wires can be tucked down between the box and tank.

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Now she is ready to run.!!!

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Thanks for looking. I am sure I will be tweaking this and that and will also be getting a body for this truck.

Thanks for the great comments. I couldn't have done it without the great info and great friends I found on this site. I came to this site last year as a Losi only driver who got a Savage Xl roller in an rc trade. Now I am very happy I added that Savage to my stable. I still want to tweak this and that as I get more run time on this truck. As well as a new lid. I'll keep you guys informed

Thanks guys. The truck performed well for me this year. I started with an Xl roller and went from there. I got most of my Savage upgrade info from HPISF. We will see what next year brings.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back