Tip for a cooler engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yokomo99

I have a little mod that I do that helps transfer heat from the head button to the cooling fins. Just add a thin smear of heat sink compound on the top of the head button before bolting the fins on. This will increase the rate of heat transfer between the two parts. I use Arctic Silver paste but any heat sink compound will do.

Matt

dunno why no one's ever thought of it before...works for heat sensitive PC's...should work for our little Nitro mills too...nice idea!

Nice tip Yokomo99! I'll try that as well, great 1st post. Welcome to HPISF!

I like his idea better ... Thanks Yokomo99 .. cheap and easything to try out .. How much of a temp drop have you noticed ?

Hi,

welcome to the forum!! I just used some heat sink compound around the temp sensor for my radio so it would give me better readings (closer to what I get on the IR gun), never thought of using it for that though.

thanks

I don't know what that is can yall explain and possibly point to a place to purchase....thanks and godspeed

Heat sink compound works great, I use it on electronics daily. It's just a pain in the butt if you have to clean it off anything.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back