time for a new motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtbasher

there was a picco 27 in it. just got a savage 25 LE off ebay.got burned motor worn out , told other wise,o'well.thinking about picco 26.any sugestions ?

Picco 26 is a strong motor...Talk with FuelFather, he's been running one in his for quite a while.

Hey GTbasher, the picco26 is an awesome motor i rebuilt the last one i had after about 3 gallons, i got it used from a member in New York, it still had great compression when i rebuilt it. Even before the rebuild it would pull a wheelie from take off, ask Chunky he saw many of them. I couldnt tell which clutch to use as i only used two different types, one being the old stock 2 shoe, and the the Fiorini turbo sliding clutch, ask HOP about them he got me into it.

thanks guys.I was kind of bummed I never got the picco 27 going,but I just got a new roto starter and would like to stick with that start system if possible. I was also considering an OS motor.Will the picco 26 bolt into the same motor mount as the picco 27.Thanks again for the input, GT

i would like to make a sug.. i have the surefie .32 in my savage this mill totaly rocks man 3.6 hp at the flywheel and 38000 rmp pulls whellies and mid throtle with a 47/17 spru/clutch bell comp check into it and keep us posted on what u get later man

thanks for all the input.not sure which one I'll get yet but I'd like a direct drop in and be able to use my brand new roto start. I have a nitro rustler for sale with .15 that is a great motor.stays tuned never had a problem. I also thought of the traxxas 3.3.will it fit and can I use my roto start.thanks again for the help. GT

the oz is a drop in also the surefire is to all u have to do is twist the carb then your ripping man WIll the 3.3 fit in what????????

thanks for all the input.not sure which one I'll get yet but I'd like a direct drop in and be able to use my brand new roto start. I have a nitro rustler for sale with .15 that is a great motor.stays tuned never had a problem. I also thought of the traxxas 3.3.will it fit and can I use my roto start.thanks again for the help. GT

why not a K4.6? may sound silly but I`m having so much fun with it.
my k4.6 has smoked 25-30 liter of tornado 25 and it`s still running fine.
( a gallon is somewhere around 4 liter but I`m not exactly sure )
I got a nova head which I`m gonna fit but without it it already had so much power, all you gotta do is solve the 1/2 tank lean issue if you didn`t solve it already.
2.9 hp, 39.000rpm max.
enough power to turn it upside down with a little too much throttle and a 47/17 spur/clutchell combo, wheeliebar or no wheeliebar!
I wanted to put my sav back together today but the LHS didn`t have shims formy diffs so I`ll have to wait til he has them.
I`m in the middle of a rebuild but I desperately want to know how the engine performs with a nova head, when I know it I`ll take it apart again and continue rebuilding & modding.
my little cousins 3.5 is running sooo mean since I fitted it with a nova head, it reaches full speed in 20 meter and punches wheelies on command.

Last edited by a moderator:
nova makes so many heads youll find a head for allmost anything

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back