Tie Rods

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumpi

Hey guys.

I got a new Savage SS kit on the w/e and it ROCKS.
I got to the point where i had to install the front and back tie rods and man oh man did i struggle. Those bad boys are tight. My fingers are in pain
I feel like i didnt do a proper job on them. Do you have any suggestions on how to set them up correctly

I had the same issue when replacing my broken/worn out tie rods. Luckley i was able to compare the new ones with the old ones. When i tryed to eyeball them i had Savage all out of wack!

Congrats on the new purchase you will love it.

Take a look at Juds link, That will work wonders. There is also a how to somewhere on what these number should be.

Congrats on the new addition to your rc family. When I was setting mine up, I used the measurements in the instructions and used a digital caliper to set them. Try that and see how it works. Also, when I did mine, I used a set of vise-grips on the rod and pliers on the plastic end and treaded them on that way. It worked pretty good for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RPM-70950-MONST...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

That will do the job for you(setting wise). As for them being tight I have no tricks really =(

Jud, he was talking about the tie-rods, which would affect toe angle not camber. But that would be good for setting up your camber for racing to help get the truck dialed in more.

Congrats on the new addition to your rc family. When I was setting mine up, I used the measurements in the instructions and used a digital caliper to set them. Try that and see how it works. Also, when I did mine, I used a set of vise-grips on the rod and pliers on the plastic end and treaded them on that way. It worked pretty good for me.

Jud, he was talking about the tie-rods, which would affect toe angle not camber. But that would be good for setting up your camber for racing to help get the truck dialed in more.

All +1 :resp: I have gone as far to chuck the end link in a drill set on low speed Hi torque with vice grips holding the shaft... (power building)

The Integy ti-nitride hex wrenches slide perfectly through the eyelet. That and some craftsman midget wrenches make it snap to assemble or adjust. No fingers.

Latest posts

Members online

Back