thoughts on this aliexpress SH m28-p3 nitro engine?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pelicanprentice

hey all, I'm an avid aliexpress shopper and i was looking around and i found some nitro engines on there and they seem to be made by sh. sometimes its hard to match keywords on these websites but i think the most powerful engine i could find was the m28-p3 correct me if I'm wrong. seems pretty decent for $115 cad. I was wondering yall thoughts on it and i had a few questions. I don't really need a new engine but sometimes its fun to just tinker around and doesnt hurt to have a cheap backup if its a decent motor. I am also in canada so its a bit harder to deal with usa shipping prices etc to get motors for a decent price. I would preferably want a .30 or something but idk if that can be found on aliexpress for a similar price.

1. Thoughts on this m28-p3? and is it authentic? with my brief research i think yes because sh seems to be a asian company but i could be wrong
2. how would this motor compare to my stock hpi f4.6? i believe the hpi is made by ofna or axial or something, i cant remember the manufacturer name
3. for the price would this be a decent buy or better to shell out the money for an argus .28?
4. i assume this will fit my savage x that currently has a f4.6?

thank you!!

i also wanted to add that i found a fc .28 engine lightly used for only 80 cad, seems like a great deal for a backup but i assume the fc means force meaning its gonna be the exact same as my hpi f4.6 engine?
hoping for atleast some difference in either performance tq or revs etc so not sure how i feel about that, what yall think?

The SH28-P3 is a good, value for money, bashing engine for the Savage. I got one last year and has good low rpm torque and top speed. How it compares to others is difficult to say at this time but it's good enough.

The SH28-P3 is a good, value for money, bashing engine for the Savage. I got one last year and has good low rpm torque and top speed. How it compares to others is difficult to say at this time but it's good enough.
thank you! if i got a more powerful engine do you think all the extra power would just end up in wheelies or would i be able to harness the power and apply it to the ground? not sure what I'm thinking rn, prise wise the 28 p3 feels good but i feel its gonna be similar to my f4.6 and i prefer for a change atleast ahah

More performance as usual will cost more. Like any motor your right foot or trigger finger are in control, so you'll have to learn to squeeze it more carefully. XL chassis will wheelie less than stock length.

thanks so much for all the help! i am sorry to beat a dead horse but wanted to ask how a lrp z28r spec 3 would compare to the sh 28p3/ my current force .28?

thanks!

LRP will have more torque across the rev range with smoother delivery. In theory they roughly make the same max rpm, just depends on the torque curve.

Latest posts

Members online

Back