The Ressurection of a LEGEND....The Virginia Beach Beast Monster Tank (56K BEWARE!!!)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good Matt

thanx.....she's getting closer!!!

That race vs Bigfoot was awesome....

What a project. :)

that race race believe it or not......he was running a naturally aspirated 454 because he messed up the supercharged 468 about 3 days before the show! that's chevy power baby. he did really good to be running a blown 540!

and yes...a project it is!

these are the actual headers we will be using (since i don't have $1,000 for a chrome set of zoomies!). these will do for no until i make a little money with her and buy the zoomies
Picture243.jpg

Picture246.jpg

more to come later.....this is just to keep all the Beast fans encouraged!

Did someone say they need zoomies? Well my dad still has the ones that was on the tractor trailer when he had his monster truck that we kept.
Sent you an e-mail with a picture.

yes sir...have to wait on my income tax cuz the "Secret Squirrel Finals Project" has drained me.........

just got back from picking up my custom made flange cover from willie. man.....he's awesome at what he does! he made it from a piece of flat plate. to say the man is good is an understatement. here is my custom made flange

Picture933.jpg

Picture932.jpg

Picture931.jpg

ahhh yes buddy.....time is getting CLOSER!!!!!:yo:

time to drop the engine in. yesterday was the day to do the prep work to drop the engine in. i took the top off.....and did some final cleanup to get ready. here are a few pics i took for those of you that have never seen the Beast with the top off. i'm liking the not top look on it! man i'm tired........so until next post............

Picture949.jpg

Picture948.jpg

Picture945.jpg

Picture944.jpg

Picture942.jpg

i think some teeth in the grill and flame throwers suit it!

i went down to the tank site for a breif second today to make sure the plate Willie made fits....and man....it fits PERFECT. between me taking good measurements and his perfect machining we has done a PERFECT job on the plate tank trans cover. i took a little higher resolution pics of the Beast for those who care.......VVVVVVVVV. next time i go down there i am gonna pull the zoomies off and hang them up in on the wall in my house...(at least the one good one). when i change the door i am going to plasma cut the logo out the doors and keep one and maybe sell the other (LOL!!!)

Picture962.jpg

Picture961.jpg

Picture963.jpg

Rusty ans i when down to do some work on the Beast......i want putting the harmonic Balancer on and the **** puller broke.........don't know how...but it snapped right in two! (sorry man....don't know how that happened for real!) while i was breaking tools Rusty was working on getting the trans together. about 9:45 he and i decided to hit the road....but some pics of progress for you all

Picture973.jpg

Picture972.jpg

Picture966.jpg

Picture976.jpg

and here is the man behind the motor magic!
Picture977.jpg

looks good man

Lookin good Matt!!!

wow, i cant believe you have that, i remember the virginia beast from when i was a kid

thanks guys. in a monster truck forum a guy was asking me to sell the doors. everything i post here (FIRST)....i copy and paste to the monster truck forum. we just want to right in the thing..............the Beast is the late version of "the Cracken" from Clash of the Titans!!:lmao:hammertime

thanks guys. in a monster truck forum a guy was asking me to sell the doors. everything i post here (FIRST)....i copy and paste to the monster truck forum. we just want to right in the thing..............the Beast is the late version of "the Cracken" from Clash of the Titans!!:lmao:hammertime

I'm glad you post everything here too. Some of the people in the "other" forum make me nuts. I don't think I've ever seen such a collection of people that think they know everything but in reality, know nothing. That's why I mostly just lurk over there.

i've noticed tha too Tom....but HPISF gets everything first!

look at the talent on HPISF!! you are looking at the new Beast Logo!

well...this morning started out really early....about 4:30! i went down to Dennis Anserson's home to pick up a seat that he's donating to the Beast. we got there about 7 and ate at the Diggers Diner....i had an omlet that was about a foot long!! you got to eat there if you're in the are. Kim and i talked for about an hour about his truck and the way the first show is gonna go down in April......and Dennis drove up. we talked about the Beast for a little and then i had to leave to come to work. my dad was with me too....and he's never seen a monster truck up close. he couldn't believe the shear size of these things. dad...thanks for the awesome morning. he was like a kid in a candy store....and was happy that he met Dennis. i've posted pics of these trucks before.....but here are some more pics of my dad by them. he couldn't believe Digger 2 went across the sound until he saw the pictures.

Picture964.jpg

Picture965.jpg

Picture966.jpg

Picture970.jpg

i also got a chance to see the Blue Thunder promo truck
Picture967.jpg

Picture968.jpg

Picture969.jpg

your truck is awesome soulja

kool pics matt & kool that your pops got to make the trip.

thanks guys. its not that it's so far away (Dennis stays only an hour away from my house) but i rarely get to see my pop and chill with him. that father & son time meant the world to me and just hearing my dad's support & blessing for what i'm about to do made it worth the while. i work so much.......need time to chill....(after May!)

thanks dude. cool thing is that she's gonna wear the HPISF logo too! HA!

Latest posts

Members online

Back