The "KOI Pond"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad67bird

ok guys i have the rc's and my wife has her "kio" pond.i built it about 7yrs ago and she kinda didnt keep up with it (work,pregnant ,house cleaning).well the girls are bigger and she doesnt work sooooo she clean out the lower section and got it back up and running.5 Koi and 10 goldfish will be in the bottom and we still got to rebuild the top pond and get the waterfall workin again.hers some picks:
100_2752.jpg

100_2751.jpg

100_2748.jpg

100_2744.jpg

100_2740.jpg

100_2739.jpg

Nice work bird. I have a small one in the front yard, wich has had several savages in it. Good thing is there is enough plants in it that they don't sink.

that is some really impressive stone-work you've done there.
um thanx i think......i had no idea what i was doing,i just matched up what kinda fit lol...

ok guys hers an update but no pics as of yet: ok i ran more flat stone around the top of the top level to shore it up.rebuilt the water fall,its not as wide but it still falls:hardlaugh:.had to put chicken wire over the water side of it so the fish don't take a ride.reworked the stone around it and filled the gaps with pea gravel.the tuff part is puting it back together again with what i have around the yard ,rock wise.we went and bought some rock and supplies and spent 300.00:duh: and it hardly put a dent in it .with that said i dub it "THE POOR MANS KOI POND" .as soon as i get rid of the wasp infestation ill get some pics.:lmao:

ok here is a picture update,she added more honey does to the list so I'm not there yet:

the falls turned out well but i still gotta lot of cleanup detail and i still have to get more pea gravel and sand to finish the stone project on the other side of the patio.........i wonder does it ever end?:duh: :lmao:

Damn dude, did you do all that by your self (Meaning not hiring it done) If so you got tallent buddy.

Great work and loosks amazing.

yup on my own,it aint great or pro looking but the wife likes it so a little cosmetic work and it will be done,finally caught some of those darn KOI and put them up top,man they are fast.all together there are about 20 fish , 3 pumps ,3 filters and about 1000 gallons of water.I started it about 8yrs ago as a single pond in the ground then she wanted a water fall.i built the second layer and have had to rebuild it 4 times to this day to key it from leaking........i truly can see the light at the end of the tunnel:hardlaugh:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back