The Flux has landed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88gtanotchback

SAVAHOLIC
Hey guys its a great day to waken up by the post man.

3347130193_large.jpg

Freshly unveiled

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/1339
/4261/3347130194_large.jpg

3347130196_large.jpg

3347130197_large.jpg

quick test fit.

so what I'm going to do is

1) notch and flip the battery boxes, so the deans fits thru better as well as easier to get to the batteries

2) red loctite the pinion

3) Tighten Slipper right down (no play needed from what i understand)

4) Rig up Velcro for the boxes (on its way from TCS)

5) Install Cen diffs

6) Install TCS 5mm Chassis (on its way from TCS)

7) Install HPI Big Bore Aluminum Shock (on its way TCS)

8) Install HPI HD DRIVE GEAR 18-23 TOOTH (on its way TCS)

9) install wheelie bar

10) charge Lipos and smile ear to ear

After that I'm hoping everything will be good and ready to rock. Just hoping my Speky gets back soon so i can use that for it if not i guess the stocker will have to do. Any other tips you think i should do?

now for questions
1) I'm missing is the castle link that i got to ordered yet. Is it safe to run it without or do i need to set my LVC?

2) when i move the truck back and forth theres alot of noise between the pinion and spur. is this common or is something not right?

3) the bullet connector appear to be right in the way of the body. whats the fix? just reroute or shorten?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh man, those battery boxes are huger than I thought! Did they give foams for the extra space?

Looking great man. Can't wait to see more.

Is this the same Flux that was a potential ebay scam?

glad you got your Flux, sure is purdy :beforeme:

glad she was legit man enjoy! hurry up and start charging them batts!!!!!!
and coby yea they fit 3s packs not a problem... they come with foams to.

instead of buying the alloy big bores why not just buy the shock bodies ??? you got big bores on flux already just not with alloy bodies and tini coated shafts

Ya guys this was the potential scam. i feel bad now doing what i did but i dropped the claim now. i just wanted to make sure everything was legit. I cant wait to run this thing. Dan i got the big bores so i can have the stock set as spares, incase i want to run them on project reject, or if i blow a shock. Thanks for the compliments guys, she truly is beautiful.

Ya guys this was the potential scam. i feel bad now doing what i did but i dropped the claim now. i just wanted to make sure everything was legit. I cant wait to run this thing. Dan i got the big bores so i can have the stock set as spares, incase i want to run them on project reject, or if i blow a shock. Thanks for the compliments guys, she truly is beautiful.

Hey you shouldn't feel bad for having to put a claim in..Thats alot of jack you sent for your Flux.Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to protect yourself 88..

ya it was definitely the safe way. check out project reject whip shes in her ugly prime in the members projects forum. lol i need to invest in a decent video camera now fellas.

i forgot to add I'm also gonna run the Bad land tires with the maximizer 1/2 inch offset, for a lil better balance. what pinion do you guys think i should run with these tires, and the cen diffs?

well went ou the garage and tinkered for a little bit. heres whats done.

First i pulled the boxes off so i could trim a little plastic off the boxes with the dremel.

3347130198_large.jpg

This shows exactly how much i trimmed.

3347130199_large.jpg

Also to flip them side to side so they open the opposite way making it a bit easier to get to the batteries.

3347130201_large.jpg

here is a picture of them flipped and the wires coming out. the zippy's line up really well with top exit.

3347130202_large.jpg

I threw on the bad lands i picked up. I gotta say i like these alot, and the beadlocks are great. after assembling them you see why there so highly recommended.

3347130210_large.jpg

heres the size difference from stock to bad lands

3347130205_large.jpg

3347130206_large.jpg

Gain quiet a bit of width /\

next i threw on the wheelie bar with the big wheel

3347130209_large.jpg

Some non-naked shots

3347130211_large.jpg

Nice wide stance
3347130212_large.jpg

3347130213_large.jpg

And all three of the Trucks (family photo)

3347130215_large.jpg

So i still got a fair bit of work to go but i think i may just drive it for now till everything shows up. I cant stand to see her sit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks frddyj. i kinda thought so myself too. lol. Once everything else shows up i think it will be pretty damn tough. as is I'm sure it is i just want to reinforce to weak parts so once its built its built. just maintaining after that.

Man I like the looks of that wheel and tire combo,Looks Killa 88!!:10:
Nice family photo to...

Looking good! Congrats. Just ordered the same LiPo's while I wait for my US retailer to get some more SMC's. Hope they do the business.

Well i had myself all hyped up thinking i was ready for the first charge. I set the lipos charger up (Accucell 8150) and everything seemed great. i set it for 5a, and 2s and did a balance charge. i used the 3s balance tap since this charger does not come with a 2s port. I hooker up the first LiPo and put it in the fire proof sack (safety first) and charged it. it seemed to go really well. I wrote down some number as it went in case something was off (which I'm glad i did now)
Amps Volt Min Juice
5 8.03 4 313
5 8.11 8.30 686
5 8.15 12 947
2.4 8.4 23 1752
1.1 8.4 29 1923
0 8.4 33 1986
The balance was shocking4.18 and 4.17 so it was good to see them close (forgot to check it at end but hopefully it was 4.2)

So i finished the first pack with only getting 1986mah into it. Does this seem right? so i figured it was ok till i charged the second pack.
I never logged as many numbers this time as i thought by now everything was good till i started checking in more closely

Amps Volt Min Juice
5 7.69 4 313
5 7.92 22 1780
5 8.20 36 2947
5 8.39 42 3447

Balance was off on these two cells. i checked a few times and got

Cell 1 Cell 2
3.91 3.86
4.17 4.01
4.23 4.05

Everything was going up and up until i hit the wrong button. (idiot i know, i was trying to check the stats and hit stop. it made it to 8.4 before i did that tho, still made me mad)

So i got a pile of questions so hopefully you guys got a pile of knowledge, lol

1) First is why would the second pack charge for so much longer and take so much more Mah when they're the same? Is this because there cheap packs?

2) Why such a variance in the volts per cell on the pack that took more charge? is this an unacceptable difference or is this common?

3) Does it hurt the LiPo's when i stop them short of a full charge? Stupid thing to do yes but it happened.

4) can I run these lipos together in my truck or is there something off? I don't want to break it just to get 5 mins of run time out of it.

5) on the second battery in Cell one why did the volts go over 4.2? i thought the safe charge rate was 4.2 or is that to small of an overage to matter? I have it set to 8.4v max.

Any help you guys can provide, i would GREATLY appreciate it and remember I'm a newb to the electric scene so if i sound dumb go easy on me.

Latest posts

Members online

Back