The evolution of my tamiya ford aeromax build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin' awesome man! Nice scale appearance! Looks real in the pics already, when its finished its gonna very realistic looking!

Well i think i like the end results on the fenders. They match perfectly to the truck.

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

Also put more of the 3D flames to match also.

IMG_4028.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4031.jpg

]-[0pa]0ng;199745 said:
The pics are perfect, you did awesome job. That rig is off the hook. Is it a functional rig or just for looks? I think a jet powered rig be BAS or you could just push it around making rig noises, j/k
yes it is a working rc truck. Three servo build works the shifter, steering, and the fifthwheel.

that is one heck of a build, will you need a commercial driver license and permits for it? lol
God i hope not. I did find out i am five scale feet to long on the trailer oops. I was not about to cut it when i found out though.

I am always doing more and more research on making this more realistic all around. I changed the trailer once more time. I took alot of steps back on this one for realistic look on the trailer. Did some body work sealed off some of the side doors to only have a one door opening like an in town delivery trailer.

IMG_4058.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

On top of that i was trying to reconstruct the refrig unit and really destroyed the front of the trailer so when i fixed the front of trailer i took as the opportunity to make a better unit also i am going to build it so i can put the leg batteries in side. Along with access to them.

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

When i was doing all of this reconstructing to the outside i thought i could not leave the inside alone so i am building all the walls the front of the inside and i am making the floor so it can be removed to get the wires. It is adding some weight back that i tried to take off the truck but i have not really ended up with the final motor combo for it.

IMG_4070.jpg

wow that is so fricking sick. Where can i get one of these scale trucks like the stock one i don't need to modify it?? And what scale is it? From the pics to me it looks like its 1/8th scale?? Looks so sick, let me know

Well the last picture the opening of the trailer did not look right so more reconstruction has been done opened it up alittle to make it look more like the inner insulated walls.

IMG_4090.jpg

Almost finished all the doors. All of the latches are functional.

IMG_4087.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

Just like the floor i made the front wall removable. The inner wall is going to be held in place by the screws going through the trailer wall to clamp together to the refrigerator unit to hold in place. I also made a vent box to do a couple of things. One to hide all the wires going to trailer and make an access to the trailer leg batteries i placed in the the refrigerator unit. The vent box is going to have four pegs coming out the side to latch into place and is removable from the inside.

IMG_4085.jpg

Here is a shot looking down from the back of the trailer of the vent box in place.

IMG_4089.jpg

I tried to get as much painting in as i could before the cold. You know these new england winters are haha. Well it is coming along nice i got the trailer worked almost to the end.

IMG_4276.jpg

IMG_4269.jpg

There was a few things my eye just could not stay with so i made some changes. I am making a bracket to hold up the fenders on the truck just like the trailer. I removed the steps they did not look right and moved the stacks back behind the box. I used the original stacks from the kit and in the process of making some new holders for them. The kit brackets for the stacks just did not bring it out enough.

IMG_4277.jpg

IMG_4280.jpg

IMG_4285.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

IMG_4266.jpg

love the maroon. so you have some pigtail wires going to the trailer, that'd tie it together. I love when people go all out with the small details. Looks like one of those long distance tractors in Australia.

love the maroon. so you have some pigtail wires going to the trailer, that'd tie it together. I love when people go all out with the small details. Looks like one of those long distance tractors in Australia.

Ya it is a big one but the front bumper i wanted to put one of those on because i am a fan of the types of bumpers.

IMG_4297.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

IMG_4302.jpg

Well i had to keep myself busy for the winter time so i am working on another part i always wanted to try. I wanted to make a detailed interior but never tried it on anything. So here we go. To do this i had to move the motor back into the sleeper and made a whole new sleeper platform to go around the motor. This is what i have so far. I am really happy with it. I made a new cab floor, added to the dash, made a transmission cover complete with cup holder, the back of the cab and roof are one piece still working that one, stick shifter with high low switch. The seats i reworked and put some plastic around the spring section and going to heat it up to melt them to simulate wrinkled fabric.

IMG_4344.jpg

IMG_4342.jpg

IMG_4343.jpg

IMG_4345.jpg

IMG_4349.jpg

When i cut the doors was a litte nervous for me but i got through it haha and i had to add to the cab to make it whole again. The hinges i made from scratch but i don't think those are what i will be using when i am done though.

IMG_4347.jpg

IMG_4348.jpg

LJ can you put this thread on the front page? Use a cool pic of this build for the front page and a link back. This is really nice.

yes i can do that savage got any out door pics of it painted that could be used for the front page if not i see a good pic of it unpainted to use and btw how pricey is it to build one

..doesn't look like any 18 wheeler I've seen on the road..but amazing work nonetheless..

yes i can do that savage got any out door pics of it painted that could be used for the front page if not i see a good pic of it unpainted to use and btw how pricey is it to build one
The unpainted ones are not the latest ones and i think would not best represent it. The latest ones even though are not done i would say are the best to use. About the price you guys might think nitro trucks and cars are high cost. I will just say this mine is one of the cheaper ones and at its present point is still more than a high morgage payment hahaha.

Things have been kind of slow lately but i did make some progress on my cab interior.

This is the back of the cab and i need to hide the brass brackets so i made some boxes to go over them i am going to make into speakers.

IMG_4353-1.jpg

IMG_4354-1.jpg

Here is a coule of early shots of the dash and custom steering wheel i am attempting to make from scratch.

IMG_4355-1.jpg

IMG_4356-1.jpg

Here is a shot of the door which i am very happy with. If you can see through all of the scrible marks i am trying to make the 3d flames again and other detail stand out.

IMG_4350-1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back