The evolution of my tamiya ford aeromax build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savage speed

my savage rocks
This is where i started.
IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

Fast forward alittle to this one but no where near the end.
IMG_1207.jpg

When i looked at this stage of it i wanted to change things.
IMG_1568.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1567.jpg

At this point i added front bumper gaurd and made an attempt to make a car hauler frame that did not work.
IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

oops.
IMG_1871.jpg

This is now.
IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2001.jpg

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

Change is a coming again.
IMG_2536.jpg

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2530-1.jpg

This is the most up to date so far.
IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2755.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

IMG_2863.jpg

WOW - all I can say is WOW....

How did you make that!!?! The materials, what are you using to make the realistic parts? Hand shaping them? out of what?

I love scale models, and especially the ones that are functional... I am really enjoying the builds more than the driving - any tips you have for getting started doing something like this would be awesome!

Bob

Awesome build. A lot of work and detail has gone into this rig. That bumper is really nice. Like to see smoke come out those stacks and your lights on.

How much time do you have into it so far?

Wowzers..........................................

At this point i am trying to finish with the detail work. I wanted to ad some custom detail work on some parts without over powering the truck.
I found a fender company that had these cool 3D effect and i decided to do that too. Here is my insperation.
fl102c.jpg

fl102-03-detail.jpg

Here is what i did and i have updated the trailer fenders even more because i did not like how it looked so i am working on remaking the way it is but still the same basic thing.
IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

These ones on the battery box i use to have a different thing on it but i did not like the way it came out so i ripped them off and put the flames on there too.
IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3034.jpg

Looks Killer!!! Are you going to paint it and if so what color are you thinking?

Here is some pictures of me trying to work on my inner photographer. I was trying to get a real life look while i was running my nitro car on this side road. Tell me what everyone thinks and yes no paint but i think that is going to happen real soon maybe.

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

Well the winter broke and i got some much needed painting in. So far i have a rolling chassis on the truck. I ended up going with this metalic satin gold for the frame and a gloss burgendy for the body, box, fenders and other odd parts.

IMG_3978.jpg

IMG_3980.jpg

IMG_3981.jpg

The details are great drive truck for a living looks good still would like see it finish and painted . should been kenworth that's my favorite truck just kidding. love the fenders look just like the real ones .

Well here is my first coat on most of the truck. The trailer i have plans on getting top flites monokote metalic gold self adhesive sheet for the sides. Yes i know i am cheeting by not painting the side but i am painting in a bit of an untraditional place. Plus i think if it works that should give it a good look.

IMG_3983.jpg

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3985.jpg

Well i think i got the 3D look on the flames and i am only on the first coat.

IMG_3989.jpg

IMG_3988.jpg

Here is some pictures of me trying to work on my inner photographer. I was trying to get a real life look while i was running my nitro car on this side road. Tell me what everyone thinks and yes no paint but i think that is going to happen real soon maybe.

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3277.jpg

IMG_3286.jpg

The pics are perfect, you did awesome job. That rig is off the hook. Is it a functional rig or just for looks? I think a jet powered rig be BAS or you could just push it around making rig noises, j/k

that is one heck of a build, will you need a commercial driver license and permits for it? lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back