The Death Of a REV1 STS.30

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

Well I pulled the .30 apart to see what it looked like on the inside. I have pulled the engine completly apart and will post pics. But besides never having any pinch (rev1). The block has cuts in it from where the brass washer in the connecting rod wore and the connecting rod slid off the crank pin. It cut into the side of the galley for the connecting rod. some nice pieces of metal and wear marks from where it floated in the casing and on the rod were evident. She is toast and will go on the wall of shame. This sucks but I know it was coming. I hope the REV2s that I'm getting from Mark are better than the Rev1 I got from another shop.
87de2e5d.jpg

a52df6a6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i hope that you have better luck mega. It seems that everyone has been having engine problems latley.

Wouldn't run long enough to do a video. The rod would smack the case wall and stop running.

damn That rod is completely flat on that one side

broke the motor....dang....Looks like you broke the camera too, use the focus, lol.....
:urstupid: hehehehe thanks for the gift clown, lol.

I will have the money together by the 28th. I'm going to be getting 4 motors 3.28s and 1 .30.

Ahh nice, what are they are going in? Maybe a twin engine .28 savage perhaps.....

very good guess.

If it is a rev 2 it should last longer. I had 3 or 4 gal in it.

An STS (if taken care of properly) will last 15 gallons according to integra and supertib. But in Mega's case he didn't have a fighting chance due to the super loose pinch of the rev1.

Members online

Back