Terrible Big Bore luck :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Visionary

Here is what my weekend entailed. Destroying a big bore shaft ENTIRELY and then upon checking the other front, realizing that it is slightly bent also... Enjoy the carnage, I thought it was quite hilarious.

blownbore.JPG

Slight bends you can normally just bend right back. That is not a slight bend. lol
Scrap the big bores and go Baja shocks!! :)

LOL go Baja shocks. I have bent lots of them shafts as well on my Baja, LOL Granted the Savage is lighter than the baja.

Looks like bad luck but atleast isn't to expensive to fix.

I'm wondering if your shaft bound up at full extension cuz if your tire hit sideways & bent the shaft that bad, there shouldve been other damage like a-arm or bulk head.

nice carnage tho vis :10:

Give HPI a call. If you honestly didn't hit anything out of the ordinary and that happened I would he asking for some replacements.
I hope mine fare better on their maiden run.

Here is a video that my friend took with his camera phone.. bad quality, but it works.. I did take a bad spill that I didn't realize, that probably bent the shafts.. then when I started really launching it, it probably finished the shaft off

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=do3Gr56W_hk

Spare shock shafts are a must. Once they get a little bend in them from an impact from another car or a stick or anything else, the next big jump finishes them off like you say. Moral of the story is aways keep spares. At least they aren't too expensive.

.. I did take a bad spill that I didn't realize, that probably bent the shafts..

at .26 you landed on the side of that tire, I'm amazed that the a-arm didnt break. that is proof how tuff hpi plastic is when its reasonably warm out.

Yea, nothing broke other than the shaft.. Also MTB, I've found it extremely hard to find those shafts.. I replaced BOTH the fronts with hellfire ones.. I have a little rake going on.. but it looks pretty sick, hellfire shafts are EASY to find

lol.. Of course, I love spending money constantly :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back