TERRA-PIN tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJSAVAGEX

hey guys i have a chance to buy some TERRA-PIN tires/wheels that are take offs from a savage XL 5.9. I was wondering if these would be a good tire to run on my Savage X? I do mostly bashing, but me and some buddies are building a dirt track to run on this summer. Are these decent tires? I can get wheels/tires for $46

i myself don't like the terra pins really but..... for that price i would likely buy them lol they may be better with different foams I'm not sure........

i like them...the work really well on a variety of surfaces and were good. hint to the wise....if you get them go down one tooth on the clutchbell

46 doesn't seem overly cheap. look into badlands of your gonna be running on dirt and a track. terra pins are a little tipsy.

Terrapins are prone to rolling on high grip corners but they work well for me on dirt/gravel. They seem to have very good forward traction, and absorb hard landings very well, it's just that the sidewalls are too soft for really hard cornering. I use them for doing wheelies (on my heavy truck) and going for big air.

these are $40 shipped....just thought i would find u some cheaper ones

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-HPI-SAVAGE-...Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5886f3f50d

THANKS man!! Now i am starting to wonder if these are what i really need/want. Anything better for various terrain? The track we're building is in a wwoded area that we've cleared out we are gonna try to get it as smooth as posible, but it may be a little rough. I also run in grass sometimes and bash too.

I am looking for 17mm wheels(i am doing CVD conversion) and tires. My buddy says i should go with 30 series tires b/c i don't have enough motor to turn the bigger tires. Stock .21 or .25 engine i have i forget which. I have the savage X from when it first came out.

Any helpful direction would be good. Thanks guys.
-L.J.

i don't quite understand what that is from the SMF page. Plus i can't seem to get that page to work

for what you are doing....i say imex pins or badlands and gear appropriately.

Everybody seems to like th Badlands, I haven't tried them but if your going to run in really rough wooded areas I think the Terrapinns would work well for you. The molded foams may make them better at handling too. They are great for absorbing really rough terrain, as well as unseen rocks and roots and such when your going fast.

Terra Pins have a HUGE sidewall.

You said "track" so I'm thinkin you want something a lil more stable.

Give HPI Dirt Bonz a look. Got them on my Flux with OFNA Yellow Foams.

Grippy. & i got em for $24 shipped on ebay. rims were $7 shipped.

DSC_0184.jpg

THANKS for all the info guys. I said track, but it's only gonna be for fun with like 4 buddies.
That being said i think i am gonna go with the Badlands tires. Would these molded foams be a good idea too? Should i get medium or stiff?

One last thing any ideas on a 17mm hex wheel that looks good and is durable?
Been looking at the RPM "REVOLVER" StableMaxx wheels. Any feedback?

Latest posts

Members online

Back