Tekin RX8/T8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
W

whipnet

Just curious if anyone out there have used this setup in their Flux or converted Savage?

What kind of power does it have compared to the CC Monster? (2200kv)

How smooth is the sensored?

How does the Hotwire interface compare to the Castle Link?

Any info appreciated. I'll most likely being picking one up in the next couple of weeks to finish up my conversion.

Awesome Bank! Can you tell me why?
Frddy - Amain and Tower have the combo for $329 - $25 coupons.

The motor and esc is all I need to complete my conversion. I will have this done as soon as the funds hit this month and I will be posting a full walk-through for the conversion on rccoh.com.

Gonna post some interesting information for all you guys after this mornings' meeting. Hold off on buying the RX8...

Gonna post some interesting information for all you guys after this mornings' meeting. Hold off on buying the RX8...

Lay it on us. Is it about the bad boards with the black heat sink versus the newer red heat sink boards?

I am very interested as well. I was just speaking to Jim last night (President of Tekin). He did not mention anything specific, but noted problems with the first batch of RX8's. Says the newer ones (with the red heatsink are not coming back.)

So don't keep us in suspense Chris. :)

Sorry guys terribly busy at work.

I'm racing with guys that are using the RX8 and are burning them up faster than I care to think about.

Good friend of mine has been through (4) already...the last (2) are supposed to be the newer style. You are correct about this (1) particular PCB that is burning up. I could fix it myself, but warranty is a beautiful thing. :rock:

None of the (4) ESC's have made it passed 4 full runs at the track. The second to last ESC didn't even drive the motor.

If the problem is corrected, then I'd say the RX8 is a great ESC...if the problem persists, then I'd stick with the Castle ESC.

It's a brand new piece and I'd give it a while for the bugs to get worked out.

Thanks for the info. I think I am still going with them. Their service is top notch, so I know it'll be taken care of.

Chris good looking out. I have time winter is coming and I'm also broke... So I can wait :)!

Just curious if anyone out there have used this setup in their Flux or converted Savage?

What kind of power does it have compared to the CC Monster? (2200kv)

How smooth is the sensored?

How does the Hotwire interface compare to the Castle Link?

Any info appreciated. I'll most likely being picking one up in the next couple of weeks to finish up my conversion.

Having used it...I prefer the Hotwire setup even if it is an extra piece of electronics. I wasn't planning ahead when I installed my Castle ESC and unplugging it for a program change is a severe pain (my connector is under the battery tray).

The sensored setup (especially the motor) is smooth as a newborns' behind dude. No cogging at all.

Members online

Back