T-Rex 450 Sport Super Combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frddyj

jaysparty003.jpg

it arrived today ........

thx guys. gonna get a spektrum Dx7.

first flight wont be for a while. I know nothing of air r/c's not to mention heli's so as i learn the simulator i'll build the copter and learn the names of parts, and what they do.

Learning the Tx will be an experience in itself: new terminology, setup, all that, its very interesting & exciting to learn something new.

Good bye old friend! It was nice bashing with you and teaching you all you needed to know about the savage so you could become a guru ...

You will be missed

Good bye old friend! It was nice bashing with you and teaching you all you needed to know about the savage so you could become a guru ...

You will be missed

Agrees................. i call first dibs on the part outs

little late, the nitro savage is already gone.

buy me a buggy bankie, Ve8 preferably....

I wont buy you a fire trap. you should get some tenth scales BL boi cheaper loss for me when you burn them ...

Can we start a pool on how Long the first flight will be lol. Those are not easy to fly.

Best of luck Freddy I been looking into one myself.

Justin I wouldn't worry to much heli's tend to sit for quite a while after each crash because crashs tend to get expensive.

Fly heli- crash heli- drive flux while saving for parts and repeat.

We don't need to tell you we want video do we?

Can we start a pool on how Long the first flight will be lol. Those are not easy to fly.

Justin I wouldn't worry to much heli's tend to sit for quite a while after each crash because crashs tend to get expensive.

Fly heli- crash heli- drive flux while saving for parts and repeat.

We don't need to tell you we want video do we?

LOL I forgot how much time my hellis sit in the box broken... But now he has no Nitro back up when his flux goes up in flames... Coming to a video soon

Nice man, i'm liking the blue and white canopy! There is a lot to learn but you'll get it. Just don't rush it. My advice to everyone is that you can't let the first few crashes discourage you! It's going to happen and it always looks horrible when you pick up the pieces but once you learn the heli inside and out you'll see it's no big deal to do repairs. Oh and be careful with the tiny hardware LOL. The 1.5mm hex screws are like a one time use item for me LOL, I strip them every time!

i was almost getting into helis before getting back into my savage. I bought a beginner heli and i was alright but i was continouslly buying parts and it was getting expensive. And it wasnt worth it imo... but i guess if i could have both... i would..

So after all you simulation flying, i give you just under a minute before the first crash :) thats me having faith in you not destroying it immediately

Nice man, i'm liking the blue and white canopy! There is a lot to learn but you'll get it. Just don't rush it. My advice to everyone is that you can't let the first few crashes discourage you! It's going to happen and it always looks horrible when you pick up the pieces but once you learn the heli inside and out you'll see it's no big deal to do repairs. Oh and be careful with the tiny hardware LOL. The 1.5mm hex screws are like a one time use item for me LOL, I strip them every time!

Great advice Mike, and i plan to do just that. Take it slow and learn. Talk with and LISTEN to those who have experience and good advice.

Ive already learned a lot of the terminology and safety. I'm lookin' forward to the assembly and set up and getting some training gear.

I've always been interested in flight & this is a whole new thing to learn so I'm really enjoying it so far.

Was referring to the flux, unless Banks right and it goes up in flames first :)

oic. yeah for now I'm using the flux and loving it. although you cant say "never," there's no plan to part it out just yet.

Oh & btw on the flux/flames note-

careful listening to Bank, the more you read & learn about brushless trucks, theyre something new to learn & nothing like a nitro. you'll see a lot of the time that guys n00b them up & blame the truck or the packs (no way it could possibly be the user, the user is always a r/c genius). :hardlaugh:

No youre right on that note. but, you don't take the heli home, run out to the yard and try to fly 3d manuevers, like you are able to do with a car. Not saying it wont crash caz the odds say theres a good chance it will.

but first "flight" for me will consist of step 1 of a program ive been reading where you just try to throttle up, hover a little and set it back down till you can comfortably do that little step. then you try the next step.

its pretty fun.

If this is something you'd like to learn at some point, i have a couple sites bookmarked that would really help you out before you start spending money.

for about $400 you can get a E-flight blade 400 with a Speky Dx6, dial down the cb and the full throttle so its set up more to teach you than it is for 3d acrobatics. then when you get used to it & learn it you can put the settings back to more aggressive.

I'd be glad to link you to the places ive been directed to if you decide to try it out at some point.

Yea hook me up with those links. It will be some time before I can buy one but it is never to soon to start doing research.

You are all letting him off too easy... He parted out a savage for a helli ! This is disturbing ...

I built a T-rex clone for just over $100 and ordered 2 extra bare bones kits (full heli, no blades or canopy) for $20 a piece. I can't even buy blades for that lol. $260 ish and I have three heli's all the electronics, two battery packs, two canopy's, three sets of carbon blades, esc programmer, and four servo's. Very cheap way to learn how to fly, and when I figure I'm good enough I will transfer everything into the full alloy and carbon fiber 450 GT Pro, that one cost under $70 for everything less the electronics. Nice bird Fred, welcome to the dark side lol.

I'm a fan of clone stuff too Robin. Way cheaper that way and most of it is just as good. That's the beauty of the Trex, parts are everywhere.

nice1 i wanted the dx6 for my savage and my heli. (still not such a fan of the pistol control)

Tell us how this works out

nice1 i wanted the dx6 for my savage and my heli. (still not such a fan of the pistol control)

Tell us how this works out

thanks Josh i sure will. as always, ive done a lot of research and asked a lot of questions before i laid my cash down on the barrel head.

there are several different models of the Dx7 & this one is heli-specific mode 2.

the Dx7 model has a lot more set-up options over the Dx6.

I still think they should offer built in functions so you can lock the stick positions specifically designed for racing cars etc... I don't like all the opening and playing with springs etc....

What new functions are included over the dx6? and what would you use that extra channel for? it does have 7 right?

I still think they should offer built in functions so you can lock the stick positions specifically designed for racing cars etc... I don't like all the opening and playing with springs etc....
Not sure that will happen as they are sold as Aircraft-Specific radios. I never realized how HUGE the "Air" aspect of the hobby is compared to land. There are organized flying clubs in my town and all 6 towns that abut and the market for products is HUGE x 10.

What new functions are included over the dx6? and what would you use that extra channel for? it does have 7 right?

Right off the batt, the Dx7 is DSM2 (so is the Dx6i but not Dx6)
DX7 has model-match so you cant operate your r/c under the wrong settings.
DX7 features reduced Latency, improved frame rate, and better resolution.
DX7 can fly larger scale planes and Heli's.
DX7 has "Servosync" ServoSync is an ingenious new feature that actually resequences the bits of data the DX7 transmits based on the type of mixing you select.
DX7 has 20 Model Memory.

few other things too.

Also comes with a Tx battery pack, 4 servos, a high-end Rx, neck strap and couple other things.

pretty good.

yep, been on the sim every day. well, that is until my son takes over (he loves to fly) lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back