Swelled up battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rc Zombie

Hey guys here's one for you just got the flux running its cool as $h1T more power than I really am comfortable with cause it make small work out of my yard that's for sure ...its was pulling my son in his wagon with ease on 3s 5000 25c with the mm system well I guess my batt couldn't deliver the juice and it swelled about 1mm on either side I used a venom battery. Any one running batters that's done this and I would destroy the battery if its not safe I think I'm not going to pull with it until I can drop the gear ratio ...but would a higher (C) rating prevent the swelling I want to go for runtime I'm thinking about 2x10000mah for run time but I think I need a high c. Any help.with this

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2

Or I'm thinking about 2 5000mah 11.1 50c run parallel and I'm running deans plugs

However the swelling went down I run it again without pulling the wagon and no swelling I know electric motors will try and pull max amps under a load and if the battery isn't capable of delivering it heat will be generated in the cells as it tries to over volt its capicity or something in that neighborhood its been a while since ac school and I kinda forgot

Just don't pull the wagon and you will be fine. Under that kind of load it draws way to many amps. If you want to pull the wagon I recomend a 1/5 scale esc and speed controller and lead acid batteries. Lead acid batteries can handle the load.

Thanks I don't think I will run it with the wagon I don't wanna have any down time due to my ignorance my son has a modified power wheel I figure ill just make him a faster one instead ...thanks a lot I appreciate the advice...

The motors in power wheels are normally 27 turn motors. If you replace them with 15-19 turn motors you can get a bit more speed. Also you can normally double the voltage on them without an issue. These are the two easiest ways to get more speed in a power wheels.

Even if it goes down when cooled and doesn't do it again ...I guess I need to contact venom for replacement

Thanks pope I am going to drop the winding on the p.w. as soon as possible I just finished 18v battery setup and a parallel my squid its pretty much only deans plug now I charge 3@6v 45ah in parallel at 2amps I got one I need wheels for the rear I wanna do a 24v system in ..just to see his grin

The higher the amps you charge it at the more punch you will get out of them but less run time.

The charge rate is 1c, I charge them at that cause I don't want to create a homeless situation for me...have you went past that charge rate recommendation and what will happen

Not sure if you are asking about the LiPo or Pb's so I will answer both

LiPo- any quality LiPo can be charged at at least 2c most of the good ones can be charged at 3-5c however few chargers go to that amp level.

Pb can be charged at 2c I charge the 12v in a power wheels at 5amp the max my charger goes to.

The batteries swelling up is common with most lipos. Even when used somewhat conservative, they still swell a little bit. It's just do to the heat generated with use. As long as it doesn't't puff excessively, you'll be fine. All my packs puff a little when being used and then once they cool down, they're fine.

Thanks pope I was refering to LiPo my has 1c rate on them and I've heard horror stories of stuff burning down ...I'm scared

Venom makes decent packs. You can charge them at 2c when you are running. After about five charges balance discharge at 5c than balance charge at 1c. You do not have to balance charge them when you are In between runs to save a little time.

As always having two sets of packs is always nice.

Latest posts

Members online

Back