sway bars, where?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romper4444

Can anyone please tell me where I can get sway bars, how many companys offer them, there are holes in my arms for it. Which ones are the best, I realkly think the savage can benefit from them. IU have searched and haven't found much. Please any input appreciated

the downside to the southeast rc link, is that they are out of stock...plus they are more expensive than the ebay ones...

the downside to the ebay ones are that they ship from Hong Kong, and can take up to a month to arrive...but for the price, I think it's worth the wait...the ebay seller also carries those in silver (for all you purple-haters out there)

the other downside, which applies to both (I think) is that they are only compatible with aftermarket steering hubs...I'm not positive in that, but remember the discussion coming up before, and I recall that being one of the concerns...

all in all, I may pick up a set next time I'm buying ups for my racer...I think it was Chunky Monkey himself that told me his buddy runs them front and back on his, and it makes a huge difference...

Here's a link to RCBasher.com that shows you what you need to make your own sway bars. It doesn't have detailed instructions, but the pics are pretty much self expainitory. I found while reading Piney's thread about his rollbar stiffner.

http://www.rcbasher.com/savsway.html

Hope this helps you out some.

The last time I ordered parts from Hong Kong they came in faster than the stuff I ordered from the west coast. No clue how or why but it was fast.

However making one is rewarding in itself. Tough call on which direction to go.

That roll bar kit won't work with the X easy access diff cases. I have seen the RC basher one before. Maybe we should see if doesgo can get all the bits together for that mod like he did for the mid tank. I want to build me 2 swaybar kits.

Man you guys just offered some of the most informative replies that I have ever gotten from a forum post, thank you!
Any thoughts on if any of these can be shipped to Canada as well.

That roll bar kit won't work with the X easy access diff cases. I have seen the RC basher one before. Maybe we should see if doesgo can get all the bits together for that mod like he did for the mid tank. I want to build me 2 swaybar kits.

ahhh yes...I always forget about X-style cases...since I run 25 style exclusively...:duh:

This has now gotten me really interested in making a set of swaybars for each of my trucks. Can anyone point me towards 3mm spring steel rod that is used in the rc basher setup.

Yah good point what rod should I use, I think I am going to make my own, once seeing the pics, makes it much more clearer. It is definetly the most simplest setup from all the ones mentioned. I have 3mm rod, possible welding rod, i got it from the LHS to use for pipe hangers, but is very hard to bend, I can't see me being abel to make the 105deg bend that sthey show. Where do you get spring steel rod?

The pipe hanger wire could be the stuff. The other thing to use might be ..... wait for it ........... sway bars :duh: (it took me a while to think of that). Are there swaybars from other cars that might fit? Say the LST ones or hellfire or even the HPI Baja ones?

great idea's guys, i was wondering myself who sold them or how to make them... i wonder how much of a difference running with sway bars would make? anyone here know?

I think it was Chunky Monkey himself that told me his buddy runs them front and back on his, and it makes a huge difference...

\
|\
||\
|||\
||||\
|||||\
||||||\
|||||||\
||||
||||
||||

other than that reference, I haven't actually seen anyone on here using them...of course most people on here are bashers, and sway bars are more geared towards racing...

I've been wondering if the ones listed on eBay will work with my RPM arms, since they don't have the hole thru them, like the stock A-arms do...the guys in Hong Kong were very helpful, and provided me with this:

sav1311menu.jpg

apparently (and lucky for me) they attach to the steering knuckles/hubs/uprights...I may have to make some sort of bracket to use them in the rear with my Integy Hub/carriers though...

anyway, I thought the pic might be helpful to others, who may be making their own, or had the same concern as I did (using aftermarket arms, etc)

GPM racing sells a nice set , i have a brand new set i haven't installed yet
they come in blue and purple

After looking at that diagram I started scratching my head and tinkering a bit. I think I have come up with something that is actually way cheaper and easier. I did the mock up with theleft over 1/16" music wire that I used for my mid tank tie down. I ran a couple of test runs and even that thin of a wire made a difference, a small amount but it was noticeable. So next trip to the LHS and I will pick 1/8" wire and make a finished product.

I will tear mine back down and get some pictures hopefully tonite so I can give a visual.

possibly a good idea for the less of your DIYourselfers.
go to your LHS and buy a stock swaybar for something like an OFNA buggy and mod it to fit your car. I'm sure it would be considerably cheaper and work fine. i just measured the one of my buggy and i may swap it and test it out for your guys..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back