Stock Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

I have a 25 and I ran it the other day and noticed a lot of oil on my back shock. Do yall think it needs rebuilt or should i just go with aluminum?Thanks:confused:

You don't say how old it is but i would imagine it gets well used,take them apart and check them over first,its a lot cash for ally shocks when you might just need an overhaul.

Well I've had it for about a year. I have about 2 gallons through and I don't do any major jumps but I do jump it every now n then.

I've herd that aluminum shocks bend very easily and really arn't worth the money, more for show then for performance, the stock shocks are cheap and usually hold up well, one of my rear shocks was leaking pretty bad so I checked ebay and found a set of 4 savage X shocks pulled off a brand new savvy, got them for 10 bucks, I recommend picking up some of those then you will have a few extra on-hand that you can just throw on so you don't have to end a day early because of a broken shock. Heres a pair http://cgi.ebay.com/New-HPI-Savage-X-Shocks-Rear-Set-w-Springs-Pre-Built_W0QQitemZ6055791783QQcategoryZ44028QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem :cool:

Ah, the spare set of shocks! Great idea! I did the same thing. I just replace the old with the new and rebuild at my leisure.

I have not found a set of aluminum shocks that are better than the stock ones and worth the money.

its worth taking them apart and see in if theres and wear if there is you might as well get a whole set a stock shocks from ebay like the other guys said

do u guys know of a shock upgrade.my shocks are broken and i don't want to replace them again

sorry about the reply in this post, but I was wondering how much the stock savage shocks shaft moves it seems like it wiggles allot when its out of the spring do u guys know what iam talking about ??????

They do wiggle some what at full drop. I have not found an aluminum shock that is worth anything yet. Hot bodys silver threaded shock's don't wast your money on them, the shafts are super soft and bend easy. like most everyone else says stock seem to be the best, unless you drive it like an old lady or your truck sits on the shelf, then i would go alloy.you could concider CEN shock's, they remind me of traxxas big bors, thick shafts, big shock body, resovors, but you will loose ride higth, unless you are running alum towers like nova. I run them and have yet to bend them, and they preform nicely and are tuff.

well i can't disargree about the the alloy shock problem. I've got those aloy shocks from hotbodies and just like Mondragon said the shafts are super soft..I've bend them serveral times and could easely bend them back again.
but the stock shocks were a problem to. All 8 of the plastic shock bodies were leaking at the point of where they were ataged to the plastic racks that you get when you buy a kit.. zo now i don't know anymore what shocks i have to buy without spending too much money

I ll stick with the stockers... also most of my shocks leak but the truck handles well (big jumps) moggols everything iam happy with them

stupid question, but are you sure that's not just stuff from the exhaust?

Did HPI come out with aluminum shock caps? I thought they did, but now I'm not sure. I bet that would stop the cap blowing issue.
Although, Ive beat the heck out of mine and never blown them.

irc lst shocks and mounts. i broke a stock shock by being a fool and driving into a matal post, i hit my mates 21 head on, we were both drifting in a swimming pool, got a bit out of shape, wham his front wheel hit my shock. no damage. i have heared rubbish things about integy and hotbodies ally shox, and i like four big bores!!!:motorcycle: :motorcycle:

stocker

I use my stockers right now, they are cheap durable and handle big jumps without a problem. If I go any other way it will be with the IRC kit and aftershock shocks or the IRC aluminum losi style shocks.

Latest posts

Members online

Back