stock flux motor mount doesnt fit in my xl tvps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jerry

I cannot seem to get my stock flux motor mount to fit in my new XL TVPs.. I have my poor truck torn apart right now please anyone help

First off, welcome to the site!

We're going to need more information here. What kind of truck was it originally? What mounting system are you using? What motor plate are you using? Can you post some pictures of the truck?

First off, welcome to the site!

We're going to need more information here. What kind of truck was it originally? What mounting system are you using? What motor plate are you using? Can you post some pictures of the truck?
it is a savage Flux HP, and I am using the stock flux motor mount, and my motor mount does not fit into my XL TVPs .... I could take a picture of my Flux although it isn't parts if you need a picture

The XL and Flux TVPs are quite different. Is the issue that the motor can't be mounted due to the TVP being in the way? The XL TVPs have bracing where the Flux TVPs do not. Right around where the motor mounts.

XL TVPs:
73941_73941_02p_800_600.jpg

Flux TVPs:
100902_100902_01p_800_600.jpg

If that is your issue then you will have to either get Flux TVPs or cut up your XL TVPs.

So I Need To Cut Them...You Are Correct The Tvps Are In The Way Of The Motor Plate. I Have The Original Flux Tvps But Wantd To Xl My Flux . Now Ineed To Cut Them ...Shoot .... Well If Itll Work Ill Do It... Any Other Ideas You Might Have On This Build , Just Got My Xl2 Esc And Dying To Get It On The Move Again

Yes Exactly ....And No , Cant Return Them . But I Can Sell Them Hopefully. Do You Know How Much That Kit costs . Just Bought The Xl2 Combo sO I Hope Its Not Too Pricey. Low Funds . May JustKKeep It 1/8 Scale .

I might could swing that man I appreciate all your help. this is been driving me nuts for a while.. really thanks

I might could swing that man I appreciate all your help. this is been driving me nuts for a while.. really thanks

It's what we're here for. Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Also, when you get the TVPs make a new thread for the build. We always like to see other people's projects.

I Absolutely Will,Again Thank You. I'm Fixing To Paint That Clear Body In About 10 Minutes . Maybe Ill Get That Kit This Weekend . ....Your The best

Hey X , if you're still around I just found these on ebay, and was wanting to know your opinion do you think these would fit Heres The # 181792397129 Ebay #

Hey X , if you're still around I just found these on ebay, and was wanting to know your opinion do you think these would fit Heres The # 181792397129 Ebay #
Those look correct. At that price it doesn't hurt to get them and find out. Obviously though that doesn't come with the extended dogbone for the rear (or any of the other hardware for the upgrade). Do you already have that?

yes I have the rear dog bone XL and I already have offset blast rims.. is there anything else I would need

Think you are probably good then.
thanks man I really appreciate it when I get her done Ill sho some pictures for you guys

by the way I was wondering do those plates look like the holes with match up... the space I found on ebay

The extended plates should only move the rear bulkhead back. I believe everything else stays the same.

yes with the exception of the rear dog bone but that's what I got those XL place that I have now for. okay wait a minute I get what you're saying.
since it does have the gap in the Tvps for the plate to set in, then the whole should all line up is that correct

If you look at the standard flux plates and compare them to the "XL" flux plates the only difference is the "X" behind the motor mount location. That is because the extended portion is behind the motor mount area.

okay I see what you mean but the XL place I have now are different because they do not allow for the motor plate to stick out. but the ones I found on ebay they look like they allow the motor plate to stick out. so after that the rear of the vehicle should all be fine. am I on the right track or am I completely lost lol

Yes. The XL TVPs you currently have are for the nitro truck, so they don't work for your application. But, the XL TVPs you're buying off ebay are made for the flux.

thank you man so much you just took a big load off your the best
Yes. The XL TVPs you currently have are for the nitro truck, so they don't work for your application. But, the XL TVPs you're buying off ebay are made for the flux.

Latest posts

Members online

Back